Agent Orange endorses Bonker Boris.

Caporegime
I think you stop people being poor by providing a SUSTAINABLE economy, the one right now is closer to indentured servitude than a stable economic position for millions of people.

Being forced to work unknowable hours to just maybe pay rent and bills, is ******* disastrous policy, it would also be great if being hired was entirely merit based, but that's a joke as well having to apply to hundreds of jobs, getting usually no reply/beneficial information before you get something probably by luck.

Soldato
I think you stop people being poor by providing a SUSTAINABLE economy, the one right now is closer to indentured servitude than a stable economic position for millions of people.

Being forced to work unknowable hours to just maybe pay rent and bills, is ******* disastrous policy, it would also be great if being hired was entirely merit based, but that's a joke as well having to apply to hundreds of jobs, getting usually no reply/beneficial information before you get something probably by luck.

What are those millions of people doing to improve the skills they offer to a potential employer? Are they coming home from a hard day's work and studying to gain additional skills, or are they sat in front of a TV browsing Facebook on their phone? Do they go out on a weekend instead of spending their extra money on a college course? Are they asking their boss how they need to develop to get a promotion? Are they taking advantage of those development opportunities? If they're unemployed how hard are they really trying to get a job, is their CV actually the best it can be, how proactive are they really being to find a job? I've been unemployed when I was younger and I've seen my friends in that position and I can tell you we all could've done a damn sight more if we wanted to

Capodecina
Soldato
OP
What are those millions of people doing to improve the skills they offer to a potential employer? Are they coming home from a hard day's work and studying to gain additional skills, or are they sat in front of a TV browsing Facebook on their phone? Do they go out on a weekend instead of spending their extra money on a college course? Are they asking their boss how they need to develop to get a promotion? Are they taking advantage of those development opportunities? If they're unemployed how hard are they really trying to get a job, is their CV actually the best it can be, how proactive are they really being to find a job? I've been unemployed when I was younger and I've seen my friends in that position and I can tell you we all could've done a damn sight more if we wanted to
I know nothing about you, your current status, your background, your skill set or your experience. However, I suspect that you have little knowledge of the people who you seem so contemptuously to dismiss as being "wasters".
Karl Marx said:
"From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs"
The key words I take form that are "Ability" and "Needs".

Not everyone has the same ability, certainly not successfully to compete in a rapidly changing world.

I believe that "Needs" are nowadays more accurately described as "Wants", increasingly driven by a Capitalist environment where greed, envy, acquisitiveness and conspicuous consumption are positively encouraged.

Soldato

You often find those you refer to are having to work 2-3 jobs at a time, leaving very little spare time do anything else besides eat, sleep and s***, forget about being able to spare 2-3 evenings a week to do open university course.

Soldato
I know nothing about you, your current status, your background, your skill set or your experience. However, I suspect that you have little knowledge of the people who you seem so contemptuously to dismiss as being "wasters".The key words I take form that are "Ability" and "Needs".

I didn't call anyone a waster, I said that people can try harder, everyone can. Too much reliance on the state damages the economy because people don't need to push themselves, they'll take the path of least resistance and claim what ever benefits they can while working as little as they can. Loads of people do that. Often people who could actually be good workers and create a good life for themselves by getting well paid jobs sit and do nothing because they don't have the motivation.

Not everyone has the same ability, certainly not successfully to compete in a rapidly changing world.

I believe that "Needs" are nowadays more accurately described as "Wants", increasingly driven by a Capitalist environment where greed, envy, acquisitiveness and conspicuous consumption are positively encouraged.

My Grandad tought himself at age 65 to use a PC, he took a basic course at a local college and played around with his PC at home and now he can write letters and book trips online. I do not believe people are that inept, they just don't try. You're making excuses for people. The only people who should be claiming benefits are the severely disabled, even a lot of disabled people are fully capable of working. It's not like they're being asked to be coal miners or something, but people are capable of sitting at a desk or a checkout till or whatever.

Soldato
You often find those you refer to are having to work 2-3 jobs at a time, leaving very little spare time do anything else besides eat, sleep and s***, forget about being able to spare 2-3 evenings a week to do open university course.

If you need to work 2-3 jobs then you've made some bad decisions, you're living in a place where the cost of living is too high or you've got yourself into debt irresponsibly. I could rent a flat on my own and work a minimum wage job for 40 hours a week and have some money spare, a small amount granted, but more if I just rented a room. Working 40 hours a week I could also go to college. I should also be looking at promotion options at work and not simply come in every day and spin the wheels.

Associate
Who cares? She isn't the Prime Minister or President of Scotland, she's head of some local parliament which is doing a poor job of governing because they have no actual policies outside of begging for a second referendum.
Oh dear, when rhetoric collides with reality :D

Back
Top Bottom