• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AGP Users - Best range of AGP Graphics available from OcUK!!

Associate
Gibbo said:
We can get them, but I doubt anyone would pay the asking price especially when all the other 7800 GS cards overclock to those speeds and higher. :)

Gibbo, slightly out of topic. You guys used to stock Gainward cards as well. Any chance of getting them babies. Especially after the news that they are releasing BLISS range - two new modifications of 7800GT and 6800GS with 512M memory. Plus their Golden sample Goes like hell range are quite fast card using 1.6nm memory. Is their support really bad?

Sorry for highjacking.... :D

OcUK Staff
OP
evil513 said:
Gibbo, slightly out of topic. You guys used to stock Gainward cards as well. Any chance of getting them babies. Especially after the news that they are releasing BLISS range - two new modifications of 7800GT and 6800GS with 512M memory. Plus their Golden sample Goes like hell range are quite fast card using 1.6nm memory. Is their support really bad?

Sorry for highjacking.... :D

Unreliable product with terrible support, we gave Gainward a second chance and even that they could not manage, there will be no 3rd time lucky I am afraid.

XFX and BFG may not always be the absolute fastest on the market but they are both normally very close and their pricing is always keen. The real bonus is their after support is superb, especially BFG with lifetime warranty for UK and US customers. :)

ajm

ajm

Associate
How about something like the 6600's not GT for the gamers who can't afford the £100 price tag?
Is there any chance that you will be getting these back in stock as they are available cos other etailors have them but would rather stay loyal to trusty OcUK.

OcUK Staff
OP
ajm said:
How about something like the 6600's not GT for the gamers who can't afford the £100 price tag?
Is there any chance that you will be getting these back in stock as they are available cos other etailors have them but would rather stay loyal to trusty OcUK.

What about the 6600's from XFX, lots on offer and all below £100.

Caporegime
Soldato
xsnv said:
I still don't (and will never) understand how £270 for a $303 card can be justified
theres a few reasons for this

1: VAT
2: import tax?
3: extra tax's on shops forces them to increase prices to make the same markup as US companys?
4: the cost of getting the product here in the first place

Soldato
Gibbo said:
We can get them, but I doubt anyone would pay the asking price especially when all the other 7800 GS cards overclock to those speeds and higher. :)

eVGA is actually the cheaper than the BFG card. just depends on how hard you look. ;)

Caporegime
ajm said:
Where exactly?

Anyway i don't want this to get escalated.Gibbo can you confirm if we will be seeing any more of the 6600's?

Well in that link i posted, XFX is only £90 without the VAT, that is below £100. :)

He does say XFX, and lots below £100, which they are when you take the VAT off.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom