Ah, summer... how is everyone's water temp holding up?

Associate
OP
UfdDgz0.png

Playing Stray which doesn't even max out the GPU power draw.... lol.

This is just not weather for our poor PCs with no inside aircon. I feel worse for our air cooling buds though, they'll be having it much worse than multi-rad loops.

Last edited:

V F

V F

Soldato
This is just not weather for our poor PCs with no inside aircon. I feel worse for our air cooling buds though, they'll be having it much worse than multi-rad loops.

Just been outside for the past 30 minutes. It's so nice until going back into the house. The house is holding onto the heat right now like it was 3pm.

When I was gaming earlier, water idle temps were 32C. The room was 28C, room currently 26.9C. High Flow Next reported water under load for a few hours of gaming, 39C. Hottest part was from the CPU outlet, 40C. Hottest core was 67C, lowest core 57C. GPU hit 50.4C, Memory 54C and Hot Spot 56.9C. Fans hit 1614rpm and 1211rpm.

Water temperature idling is 30C. :cry:

Associate
I live in a top floor flat, might as well be the loft space, it gets so hot. During the hottest days last week, I was looking at idle temps of 41C, now I am a comfortable 29-30C on my 10980XE at stock.

Soldato
Water saw a peak of 40 Degrees which triggered my Warning alerts.

I run my radiator fans off a software sensor which measures DeltaT Water-Ambient. Ambient was so high that my fans were not ramping. For a few days I had to go to an Absolute Water Temp sensor to control the fans. Back to a DeltaT control now!

Associate
OP
cXsSlK8.png

It's getting hot in here!

Running a worst case scenario with the GPU pulling 450w+ in a game.

RIP this incoming generation with the new NVIDIA GPUs pulling like 600w+ and even the new AMD CPUs up for 250w+ lol.

Associate
OP
@Audioboxer yeah it's getting rather toasty down here again
Think we have a weather warning for next 4 days
Not as hot as 40c this time thank god
But will probably get into 30+c
And to think I moved south to get away from being
Too cold and wet in Scotland lol

Going to have droughts and run out of water at this rate.

No water for the watercooling builds :eek:

V F

V F

Soldato
The scary thing is
You may find someone already googled that
And was actually serious about it

Seriously though, I hope people out there aren't dumb enough to cause a shortage of distilled. Distilled will pull the minerals from your body.

Soldato
Seriously though, I hope people out there aren't dumb enough to cause a shortage of distilled. Distilled will pull the minerals from your body.
People are definitely dumb enough
To cause a shortage of absolutely anything

But I don't think distilled water pulls minerals from your body
Though its admittedly a very very long time since I did biology
But I seem to remember osmosis working
The opposite way
A stronger solution draws a weaker solution towards it
Through a membrane
Cell walls for example
Which would be why alcohol for example dehydrated you?

Soldato
Going to have droughts and run out of water at this rate.

No water for the watercooling builds :eek:
Operating a tumble dryer or an air conditioner creates distilled water as a waste by-product, so it will be easy to acquire even in a drought.

People are definitely dumb enough
As evidenced by the fact you can buy distilled/deionised water off Amazon in mineral water bottles, and they have many reviews from the idiots who've drunk them >.>

Back
Top Bottom