AIO at top of case, fans above or below the Rad

Associate
Hi

Im going to move my AIO from the front of the case to the top as where it is now its blowing warm air on my RTX 3080 and warming it up. My case is a Coolermaster H500M and with this case there is the option to mount fans above the chassis but below the glass top to the case. When mounting a AIO at the top do the fans have to exhausting through the rad i.e. mounted under the rad, or can they be above the rad sucking air through the rad and out the top of the case?

Main reason I ask is there is not a lot off clearance to have rad and fans below the chassis, so it would be easier to have rad below the chassis and the fans above if this makes sense?

Associate
To your question, it won't make much difference if fans are in push or pull.

But I advise against moving the rad. For CPU it will make things much worse, for GPU there won't be much difference.
Right now you are worried that GPU gets (some) air warmed up by 100W CPU. But after move CPU will be using air from 350W 3080.

Add more exhaust, maybe intake fans and be done.

Associate
OP
To your question, it won't make much difference if fans are in push or pull.

But I advise against moving the rad. For CPU it will make things much worse, for GPU there won't be much difference.
Right now you are worried that GPU gets (some) air warmed up by 100W CPU. But after move CPU will be using air from 350W 3080.

Add more exhaust, maybe intake fans and be done.

Thanks, thats actually very helpful.

Back
Top Bottom