AIO ocuk warranty?

Soldato
I've got a AIO from NZXT, but it's a couple of years old, and I'm thinking of upgrading/ renewing to one from ocuk, before things start to fail or leak due to age.
Now the thing is, components (ie gpu) are very expensive to replace nowadays and I was wondering if anyone had any experience with what level of cover is provided from AIO manufacturers/ suppliers regarding damage to components from a AIO leak?

I don't have room for a full water cooling setup, so a 120mm AIO does the job perfect for me. And I'm not massive into overclocking so don't need a monster cooler.

Cheers Mick

Man of Honour
I believe Corsair handles component damage due to one of their AIO's leaking on a case by case basis. I am not sure about other manufacturers. I would avoid Raijintek after the farce with their Triton AIO's leaking and killing components. Their customer service was abysmal and people were waiting months for compensation and some got nothing at all.

Soldato
OP
So I fired off the question to OCUK shop, asking about their own branded OCUK Tech Labs AIO cooler. And this is the reply:

Thank you for your webnote.
Speaking to our returns manager any consequential loss would have to be taken up with the manufacturer of the cooler who are Asetek.
Regards,

Hmm doesn't seem like a very helpful reply, but all the same I've contacted Asetek.
Will wait and see what their reply is.

Mick

Soldato
I don't have room for a full water cooling setup, so a 120mm AIO does the job perfect for me. And I'm not massive into overclocking so don't need a monster cooler.

Cheers Mick
In that case it's probably worth pointing out to you that there are dozens of regular air coolers (heat-sink and fan) that will outperform a 120mm AIO with ease while making less noise and never leak.

Soldato
Was considering an AIO for my next build, but as i tend to keep a system for 8+ years, the thought of having to change the AIO every few years to prevent it leaking doesn't sit well, especially as a decent cooler is £100-£150.

Soldato
Was considering an AIO for my next build, but as i tend to keep a system for 8+ years, the thought of having to change the AIO every few years to prevent it leaking doesn't sit well, especially as a decent cooler is £100-£150.
If it makes you feel any better I have a Corsair H50 in one of my machines that I bought int 2008, still works great :)

Associate
I've had my Corsair H100i V2 running since it was released (2015?) and it's been spot on.

With some Corsair MP120 fans on it it's deathly quiet and runs a lot cooler than the massive arctic pro cooler I had before when overclocked.

Soldato
If it makes you feel any better I have a Corsair H50 in one of my machines that I bought int 2008, still works great :)

Thanks, that's a decent amount of time. These things shouldn't really leak should they, thought they were a completely sealed unit.

Soldato
OP
In that case it's probably worth pointing out to you that there are dozens of regular air coolers (heat-sink and fan) that will outperform a 120mm AIO with ease while making less noise and never leak.

Now that is a suprise, I know I've been away from the pc scene for quite a while, but air coolers were always inferior to water cooling. I might have to look into that :)

I've not heard anything from Asetek yet, but have found that Corsair will replace damaged components from water leaks, so that might be the way to go.

Mick

Soldato
OP
So I got a reply from Asetek:

Hi M
For warranty coverage, you should contact the company from which you purchased the unit.
Regards
Asetek

So OCUK dont want to know and nor does Asetek :confused:

Associate
Asetek provide the warranty as they are the manufacturer. OCUK would send the item to them for the warranty claim. That is what they are saying. Its a politicians answer. They completely ignored what you actually asked.

Soldato
OP
And therein lies the problem, no one is actually saying what the warranty will and won't cover. Zero peace of mind for us purchasers.
I did find a comment while searching from a Corsair rep that stated they will cover the cost of damages, so might be heading to buy one of their coolers.

Soldato
OP

Well, I looked into what you posted and have just installed a be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 air cooler. I looked into the Noctura, but it wouldn't fit.

Its not chuffing small but wow it can cool (better than the NZXT), and the fans are so quiet. Its a fantastic looking cooler which is a bonus, so very happy.

And no worries about a cpu AIO leaking ;)

Mick

Back
Top Bottom