Air Cooler vs Water Cooler

Associate
Temps would go down, by how much during idle/load can't be answered easily, but typically under load temps will be much lower than air.

Performance won't change, unless you use the available overhead to overclock :)

Soldato
It shouldn't as the fill ports etc... would all be sealed, just don't go throwing the case about while full...which should go without saying really :)

Soldato
OP
It shouldn't as the fill ports etc... would all be sealed, just don't go throwing the case about while full...which should go without saying really :)

It would be a good hours drive to the location if I made the upgrade. Guess I'll have to drive safely :D

Also, what case would you recommend? I'm really struggling to find a nice balance between looks & features.

Got these so far:

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=CA-023-NX&tool=3

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=CA-075-NX&groupid=2362&catid=35&subcat=

I think this one would be practical, but looks a little bland:

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=CA-036-CS

Soldato
Either of the last two tbh, I don't rate the Phantoms for WC much at all, some do love them though but it can involve modding to get a decent amount of radiator in.

The last two is down to you really, keep in mind the 810 is a big ol' case, but it will take thick 360+240 radiators easily with no modding. The 650D Is a smaller IMO more stylish case (I have its big brother the 800D) and will take a slim 240 up top and a 200mm radiator in the front. If your going to be lugging this around to LAN events then I would say the smaller the better.

I can only imagine what the 810 must weigh when fully loaded based off my similar sized 800D. My case fully loaded is an easy 25KG+.

You can't go wrong with either case though IMO. If it was my money i'd be going for the Switch 810 as I like a big case to work in :)

Edit: If you find the 650D bland take a look at the 600T, pretty much the same internally, just a little nicer on the outside, especially in white :cool:

Soldato
OP
Either of the last two tbh, I don't rate the Phantoms for WC much at all, some do love them though but it can involve modding to get a decent amount of radiator in.

The last two is down to you really, keep in mind the 810 is a big ol' case, but it will take thick 360+240 radiators easily with no modding. The 650D Is a smaller IMO more stylish case (I have its big brother the 800D) and will take a slim 240 up top and a 200mm radiator in the front. If your going to be lugging this around to LAN events then I would say the smaller the better.

I can only imagine what the 810 must weigh when fully loaded based off my similar sized 800D. My case fully loaded is an easy 25KG+.

You can't go wrong with either case though IMO. If it was my money i'd be going for the Switch 810 as I like a big case to work in :)

Edit: If you find the 650D bland take a look at the 600T, pretty much the same internally, just a little nicer on the outside, especially in white :cool:

Thanks for the help!!

Really like the look of the 600T, just what I've been looking for to replace my HTPC.

Associate
If you're considering a Phantom have a look at the link in my sig. Taken a fair bit of modding to get where I am now and I'm now looking to put a 360 in the roof...more modding!

Associate
I fitted a 240 Rad in the bottom of my phantom by de-riveting the large HDD bay and riveted the smaller one in its place :) IMO its not a lot of effort for a WC in a Phantom and it does look very tidy when its done :) depends highly on the end users mechanical skill level I am an aeronautical engineer by trade so i guess it comes naturally to me. others may struggle a little.

Back
Top Bottom