Air coolers in a 350D

Soldato
Hi all,

As I cant get the new 540 Air due to it not fitting my desk I'm looking at alternatives

Is a 350D too small for air cooling, I've read the 650D isnt to good at air cooling so I'm wondering if the 350D is even worse as its smaller

Idealy I'm after a decent air cooling case for one GPU so prefer M-ATX but really want something that has a plain look to it, like the 350D/650D so any recomendations are appreciated

Soldato
The 350d looks like it would be pretty good at aircooling from the info ive seen with google, Im considering swapping to one from my tj08e.

Soldato
The 350d looks like it would be pretty good at aircooling from the info ive seen with google, Im considering swapping to one from my tj08e.

The airflow seems pretty good. Can't take tall air cookers though, only upto 160mm.

I have a TJ08-E too, that's pretty good for air cooling though the gpu doesn't get a huge amount of air...

The parvum is more a watercooling case but very nice.

Personally im waiting for the prodigy M..

Soldato
Doomedspeed where have you found out it can only take up to 160mm?

I did have the hunt the internet for several mind-numbing seconds to find it:

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=CA-121-CS

The Obsidian Series 350D Micro ATX PC case is designed for building compact high-performance systems with Micro ATX and Mini ITX motherboards. The compact size is ideal if space is limited, but there’s plenty of room inside for liquid CPU cooling, dual hard drives, dual SSDs, SLI/Cross Fire ready.
Like all Obsidian cases, the 350D is designed for fast and neat builds, with tool-free access and drive installation. Smart features like a native 2.5” SSD cage make the most of its small size, and the cooling-focused interior has five fan mounting points, with room for two 240mm radiators.

- Micro ATX and Mini ITX motherboard compatible
- Brushed Aluminum Front Panel
- SLI / Cross Fire ready
- Five Expansion Slots
- Two 2.5", two 3.5", and two 5.25" tool free drive bays.
- Modular 2.5" SSD cage
- Front 140mm and rear 120mm cooling fans. Room for up to five fans total.
- Direct Airflow Path from front cooling fan to GPUs.
- Maximum ATX PSU length 180mm
- Maximum GPU length 380mm
- Maximum CPU Cooler Height 160mm
- Room for two 240mm radiators (top, front)
- Dual USB 3.0 ports
- Dimensions: 450mm x 210mm x 440mm
- 2 Year Warranty

Soldato
My plan would be corsair 100i in the top as exhaust, 140mm on the front its at the right height for the gpu and 120mm at the back both on intake. All the fans would be Akasa Apache Blacks :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom