Airbus A318 lands at London City

Associate
For those interested in aeroplanes, history was made today when Airbus landed an A318 at London City Airport..

AirbusA318%20006.JPG

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

AirbusA318%20024.JPG

AirbusA318%20025.JPG

AirbusA318%20052.JPG

AirbusA318%20079.JPG

Dwarfed our largest aircraft ( BA146 ) and will be a while before we see it regularly - the airport will need some serious development on the ground to accommodate it.

Associate
OP
Yes it was where they did the car vs bike race. Can't take the credit for pics , colleague took them. I was talking to pilot :)

It is small compared to other larger aircraft B757, 747, 767 A330 A340 etc, but when you consider our normal aircraft types are F50s, D328, Citations, Falcons and the 'largest' BA146, it IS big. Believe me !!!

For those interested reg was FWWIA

Man of Honour
As far as I know (and I could be wrong) it is based upon a shorter version of the A319 fuselage with similar powerplants. It should be a little pocket rocket :D

We have it's big brother flying in next week, the A380 is flying into LL on Thursday.

Man of Honour
Amazing! Having flown from that airport a lot, having such a large plane land there is quite impressive. Then again I'm used to flying on Fokker 20's or Saab 2000s from London City - not a big jet thing like that. It must have been quite surreal being in it and flying so close to the city. :cool:

Great pictures. :)

Caporegime
Great so this means more noise for me in my back garden :)

theres already enough of those little noisey planes buzzing around to spoil my day.

God knows how the people living near a major airport flight path do it.

Back
Top Bottom