1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Airbus A320 Crashes in Alps

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SS-89, 24 Mar 2015.

1. Will Gill

Don

hilarious

2. McBain

Capodecina

Madness by name, madness by nature :p

3. POB

Soldato

If a phone was still intact and moved to somewhere with data coverage, the file could have be auto-backedup to the cloud?

I'd assume there was no phone coverage on the mountain.

4. GAM8LE

Soldato

:-o wow!

5. stulid

Capo Crimine

2nd blackbox thingy found.

Source skynews etc.

6. leaskovski

Sgarrista

Sounds like someone has already watched it.

Anyway, the mag and newspaper are handing the media over, and this article mentions pretty much what you say...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...cabin-chaos-in-seconds-before-Alps-crash.html

Last edited: 2 Apr 2015
  7. GAM8LE

Soldato

I read an article yesterday that was shown on the msn website, cant remember where it originated from though. It might have been this:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-discovered-wreckage-plane-investigators.html

8. Westyfield2

Capodecina

Can't believe that they got any data off that - photos looked completely smashed!

9. ianh

Soldato

Thats just the outer packing, the data is kept on memory chips similar to a MicroSD card so it's incredibly small and the large size of the box means that the very small chips inside are extremely well protected to impact & heat etc.

10. Blackjack Davy

Soldato

Depends on the degree of disentegration I believe. I remember on National Geographic they used to have an air crash investigation programme series once mentioning all sorts of parts a torso lying in a tree, someone poked it with a stick trying to get it down and the innards all spilled out down onto this person, who promptly threw up, and even a brain sitting on a rock perfectly intact until without knowing it a journo rushing to get a better photo stepped on it... always sticks in my mind.

11. CaptainRAVE

Man of Honour

It is impressive that the black box data survived when you consider the impact involved. I would rather not think about the remnants of the people involved, but you wouldn't expect there to be much left with this one. Can't even imagine it tbh.

12. GAM8LE

Soldato

What are black boxes made of? Because they are reported at being able to survive full speed crashes.

13. "andy"

Capodecina

14. Kermit

Suspended

Saw this on How its Made (Discovery channel) a while back. Interesting process

15. ikillbears

Mobster

tehehe, she said mate! though I do find those narrating voices so incredibly irritating.

16. Squark

Capodecina

Edit:nevermind

17. SciNeT

Wise Guy

Japan Airlines flight 123 I believe, gruesome.

18. koolpc

Capodecina

Horrible but real i guess. So horrid for those first on a scene or who have to search for body parts!

19. dunker

Mobster

put my life in the hands of two humans? nope! could'nt pay me a billion pounds to fly on a civilian plane. there's no safety if a wing falls off. yeah it's unlikely to happen but if it does, everyone dies. and pretty much once a year it happens, somewhere.

20. Minstadave

Caporegime

That logic makes little sense. Drive on the motorway? You put your life in hundreds of peoples hands and hope they don't decide to kill you, far more people die on the roads each year. Have an operation? Take a medication? Etc.