1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Aircon O Rings

Discussion in 'Motors' started by mollymoo, 20 Sep 2021.

1. mollymoo

Mobster

Would you go genuine or thereabouts from a pack of generic O rings?

The genuine are looking like £25.00 for two and a pack of generics about £7.00.

2. Finglonga

Wise Guy

£25 means chances are they will last the life of the car. £7 means you may need to change them again. I would not skimp personally.

3. Entai

Capo Crimine

Get the genuine ones that are made specifically for Air con, and specifically for your car and the correct gas in your car.

Get the wrong ones, and there is a very high chance the gas in the Air Con circuit will eat through the seals.

Even the right seals for a different gas could get destroyed by the gas in your car.

4. OpenToSuggestions

Capodecina

Even the job is easy (I bet it is not) I would buy genuine so you are 100% sure they will last another 10+ years.

5. mollymoo

Mobster

Thank you all, I ended up buying a condenser that comes with the correct o rings so no need to pay the overly inflated prices for delivery that they were charging.

6. Jonnycoupe

Capodecina

Basically you want green ones HNBR (or bmw like purple) a normal black o ring won’t work properly on a air conditioning system.

7. mollymoo

Mobster

The genuine part from Honda is a black o ring, which threw me a bit because I always thought they should be green.