Aircon systems. Should inverter systems be run 24*7 ?

Associate
Just on the off chance someone may know....

Inverter home aircon systems save energy by maintaining consent operation rather than turning on and off. Many places confirm that they save money when running a partial load. Recently, a friend has said that her family run their inverter aircon all day but at a high temp so it does very little cooling and only turn the temp down at night for sleeping. We only turn on the aircon at night.

So... should an inverter aircon system be left on all day at a reasonably high temp (ie. 27 deg when the ambient temps range from 25 to 30 deg) and only turned down to 25 deg for sleeping or should it be turned off when there is no-one around ? Which is the most cost efficient.

Any links etc which answer this question would be most welcome.

Cheers
RB

Associate
I wouldnt.

The inverter aircon i have at home is only on occasionally in the evenings (set to 26)
I wouldnt dream of having it left on 24/7, but saying that, the climate here is somewhat different.
All that will happen with leaving it on all day is that it will dehumidify the room.
Only takes 10 mins to get a room cold anyways...

quick edit. We are talking about split systems??

Soldato
Inverter is just to do with how it ramps up when coming on.

The whole point of an inverter drive is that it ramps up slowly and doesn't use nearly as much energy to get going as a dircet online system..

No need to keep it on all day unless you need it. But if you do then set the temperature a littel higher so it doesn't come on and off enough. Although this may help you have to think about teh fabric gains/losses, solar gains/losses (direction your window faces), any infiltration as they all effect the losses and gains an awful lot.

RJC

RJC

Don
If your not in the room I would turn on when needed, the inverter will vary the speed of the compressor depending load on unit.

Leaving on 24/7 won't hert the unit but will depend on your energy bill, also you need to ensure the filters are cleaned regurly and condenser checked for dirt and debris.

Soldato
Get a VRF system so all expended fapping energy can be used to heat the colder rooms in the house during winter, as England deson't get warm anyway!

RJC, what is that in your sig, I can't make it out? Centrifugal compressor?

Top Bottom