• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Airmail services to France, United Kingdom and Malaysia may be subject to delay severely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
I was browsing around the net looking for some information and came across the below from a newspaper in Taiwan.

Welcome to Chunghwa POST - News Center

I think peps here and in France are to blame, partially, for delays in stock even though it is questionable as other countries with nearly no restriction have no stock whatsoever anyway at least reading this seems more than a speculation but I am curious to see the tents of thousands then coming from the end of this week if that is REALLY the case...

Associate
OP
Ground passenger planes, prioritise freight planes. There we go, problem solved.

The problem is exactly that :D Passenger plane generally reserve part of their cargo area for freight so without lots of airplanes in the sky people have to use classic freight companies...so that was an issue to start with anyway however this article is specific for UK and France and it seems the issue is with how the UK and France are handling their staffing with exaggerated rules, which apparently aren't really faring that well either...

I think anyway all PC Hardware will be shipped by seas as for the whole of 2021 my bet is that cargo will be used for Covid Vaccine, seen we are 7billion on the planet... I doubt freight will be normal until 2022.

Said that problem is volume, this is interesting as article but the fact is that AMD, NVIDIA aren't making enough chips...sure freight is slower but you have 10x more space (if not more) so by now if that was the only cause we would still have plenty of stock.

Probably is A FACTOR but no THE MAIN factor :)

Last edited:

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Is this supposed to be specific to graphics cards? OP reads like spam :/

Soldato
Whats this got to do with any component shortage? 95% of freight in this country arrives by container carrier (a really big boat) as its cheaper (although its at a premium right now) and can be done in mass quantities. Air freight is very expensive and is limited.

One of the issues faced by many retailers at the moment is that the ports are almost full due to seafarers and dock workers being off due to covid.
If one of the crew on a carrier tests positive (this could be due to a crew change a week before they come into port or anchorage), then its up to the harbour master as to whether that ship can dock and unload. Port Health may then get involved and the ship could be quarantined for 2 weeks, then miss their slot for coming alongside and being unloaded. When they are finally unloaded and containers stacked awaiting delivery, the haulage company still needs to find availability to get them to various hubs before they even get to retail.

TL;DR: Boat slow but cheap, better overall. Covid not helping hence delay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom