AirPods (and AirPods Pro [and AirPods Pro 2nd generation]) now available

Commissario
One of the reviews did say that they had a better bass response and overall better sound than the originals.

However the originals don't fit my ears particularly well so I won't even be considering these.

Someone mentioned that they're £125. They're not. I see them at £157 :eek:

Associate
They're a convenience thing for me really. Going into town to do some shopping etc, no tangles or messing around. I have a Mastering studio which features some world class AD/DA converters and lovely speakers all in a wonderfully acoustic treated floating room etc but when I'm out of here, I don't mind not having that high end audio quality. For flights etc, I'll probably use the QC35's though. I'm excited to see how the AirPods feel though.

Caporegime
There's money to be made in buying stock and then reselling the left and right pods individually for 65% the price of a new set.

Man of Honour
if it wasn't for the poor sound quality I would be close to buying some to fit under my helmet. most bluetooth headphones can't go under a helmet.

You need some LG HBS series ones. The band sits round your neck and houses all the fancy BT stuff so the actual headphones are the same size as normal IEM headphones.

I wear a pair on the odd occasion I need headphones under my lid.

Soldato
I quite like the look of the WiFi tech that's gone into those AirPods.. and the way they "hand off" etc... but ergonomically... urgh... massive turn off.

Gloss plastic which has zero friction and hurts after it being jammed in your ear for more than half an hour, plus zero sound isolation (foam buds would fix these two issues!). Plus, seeing as they look exactly the same as the god-awful, cheapo wired ones.. I think I'll pass... but I'll be interested to see what the reviews say about the sound quality.

Soldato
You need some LG HBS series ones. The band sits round your neck and houses all the fancy BT stuff so the actual headphones are the same size as normal IEM headphones.

I wear a pair on the odd occasion I need headphones under my lid.

Just had a quick google and that is exactly the style I've wanted for under my lid. Nice one

Soldato
Got mine on Monday, think they're awesome. I think the sound quality is very good and loud, even some guy on Reddit thinks they're as good as his $400 headphones.

They're really easy to pair, and they just play and pause everytime you take them in and out.

Would like to be able to adjust the volume, skip tracks more easily though rather than having to use siri which can be slow and cumbersome

Soldato
Sound quality is nowhere near audiophile headphones, but better than the normal earbuds. But it's definitely on par or better than wireless headphones in its price range.

Associate
Noticeably better for me, yes. The bottom end is the first that sounds fuller. I'm happy with them, you totally forget their in your ears and luckily they fit mine really well.

Associate
Airpods just landed, no issues with them falling out of my ears.

Much better than the standard earpods, bass is improved too.

Cheers all

Last edited:
Soldato
Has anyone got these with any other headphones to do a comparison? Maybe with other similarly priced headphones, or wireless ones like the Jaybirds?

Soldato
Has anyone got these with any other headphones to do a comparison? Maybe with other similarly priced headphones, or wireless ones like the Jaybirds?

I'd really like to see these compared to the B&O Play H5s and the Bose Soundsport Wireless - currently looking for a set of BT in-ear for day-to-day wearing as well as running / biking. In-line volume control is quite important to me so I guess that rules out the AirPods…

I currently use the normal ear pods but the wire is starting to wind me up.

Back
Top Bottom