AirPods (and AirPods Pro [and AirPods Pro 2nd generation]) now available

Associate
Is it correct that the only way to adjust the volume is to use Siri?

Yes if you want to keep your phone out of the way in your pocket, however with the apple watch just use the digital crown to adjust the volume.

Tried the Airpods with my Apple Tv 4 last night, volume adjustment is via the apple tv remote, also if you remove on Airpod it pauses what you are currently watching which is handy.

Cheers all

Associate
Not if you already have the apple watch or the tv no, they just work automatically with all the apple devices.

Forgot to mention the Airpods work with Android too.

Cheers all

Last edited:
Commissario
So if you're listening to music using your iPhone and you have an Apple Watch as well, winding the Digital Crown will adjust the volume. No setup required for that?

That's actually a nice touch in the absence of a volume control directly on the AirPods.

Associate
So if you're listening to music using your iPhone and you have an Apple Watch as well, winding the Digital Crown will adjust the volume. No setup required for that?

That's actually a nice touch in the absence of a volume control directly on the AirPods.

Yes that's correct no setup at all they just work after they have been paired, which is just by opening the lid on the charging case, then just use the music player app or complication on the watch.

Cheers all

Associate
Just ordered some online, user reviews seem very positive. I have a wealth of apple products (iPad, Mac mini, Apple TV, Apple Watch) so this is a natural progression. Looking forward to seeing what other products they come out with. Unlike the maniacal doomsayers, I think Apple know what they are doing.

Hopefully the AirPods are delivered before February... feels like a long time to wait!

Soldato
But how do you change the volume if it has to be done via Siri on a mac/iPhone/watch?

You just change the volume in windows, same as for any other headphones.

The earlier comments are just regarding the lack of any volume controls on the headphones themselves (e.g. volume buttons in the cable). Pretty much all bluetooth earphones are like this, the volume is controlled by the device they're connected to.

Commissario
Pretty much all bluetooth earphones are like this, the volume is controlled by the device they're connected to.
Hmm, I've got three sets of bluetooth earphones and they all have volume controls on them, none of them rely on the volume being controlled by the device they're connected to.

Soldato
You just change the volume in windows, same as for any other headphones.

Ok thanks, I understand.

Hmm, I've got three sets of Bluetooth earphones and they all have volume controls on them, none of them rely on the volume being controlled by the device they're connected to.

That's what I was thinking. I currently use the normal Earpods and the little remote to change volume is really handy.

Soldato
Hmm, I've got three sets of bluetooth earphones and they all have volume controls on them, none of them rely on the volume being controlled by the device they're connected to.

Ah okay, I've not come across ones like that.

But for the Airpods at least, it definitely works this way. I've got mine connected to my Windows 10 desktop now, and can control the volume as I would for any other headphones/speakers attached.

Although I did find that Windows doesn't like swapping between my PCI sound card and bluetooth headphones, but if I disable the sound card it works far more smoothly.

Soldato
The wired one falls out when I am just sitting on the train, I don't dare getting these.

I was worried about the same. Normal earpods fall out of my ears within 10 seconds, and trying to wear them for any length of time makes my ears sore.

However, the airpods actually sit in my ears very well. I can shake my head/walk/jump around and haven't had them fall out once. I was very surprised!

Do these sound better than the god-awful earpods?

So they're better than the wired ear pods?

Much better. I can't stand the earpods. I use a pair of Sennheiser momentum in-ears, and a set of ATH-M50x and the airpods actually sound pretty decent. Using them side by side with the sennheisers I don't find myself preferring the sound of the Sennheisers, which I absolutely expected that I would.

I still definitely prefer the isolation of the proper in-ear tips rather than the airpods, but that's a trade off I can live with I guess.

Soldato
CsjtGUcWAAEnDGb.jpg%20large_zpslj2o7hl7.jpg

Back
Top Bottom