AirPods (and AirPods Pro [and AirPods Pro 2nd generation]) now available

Soldato
Got a problem with my right airpod pro in that it doesn't seem to hold charge when sitting in the case. It will charge up to 100% in the case, but if left (in the case) for a few hours it will burn down to 0% while the left one sits at 100%. If I then remove it from the case and put back in it seems to jump to high percentage very quickly then repeats over a few hours. It will also work fine playing music for hours when actually in use. Very odd!

Does that sound like a battery fault or a case charging fault? Only a couple of weeks old.

if it’s less then 30 days I would press the place of purchase to replace the entire unit under your rights.

The issue you’ve described is a tricky one to diagnose - the case is just a battery really so shouldn’t be able to cause these issues so I would look to replace the AirPod first if I were in store but they’re horrible things to diagnose with such an issue

Soldato
My AirPods arrived yesterday and I have only just tried them out quickly with my iMac. Absolutely brilliant. So comfy and doesn't feel like you are actually wearing anything when you move your head. Delighted.

Associate
Sorry if already asked, but is it worth upgrading from airpods to the pros?
I have just done it and they are night and day, for 2 reasons. Firstly the airpods used to hurt my ears and fall out, the pros, you forget you are wearing them at all, once you have selected the correct earcups, just so comfy. Second, the noise cancelling. It is not as good as over ear full cups, but damn, it is still great. well worth the upgrade for me.

Soldato
I have just done it and they are night and day, for 2 reasons. Firstly the airpods used to hurt my ears and fall out, the pros, you forget you are wearing them at all, once you have selected the correct earcups, just so comfy. Second, the noise cancelling. It is not as good as over ear full cups, but damn, it is still great. well worth the upgrade for me.

Did the same upgrade, it was worth it for the noise cancelling alone. I tried it on a UK flight (Flybe :o ) and while in the cabin the noise cancelling completely dulled the background roar of the engines to a very faint hum.

I'd say they are slightly better Audio quality, also feel like the bass is better and there is more depth to the sound.

I've looked into selling or trading my old AirPods in to get a little cash back.

Permabanned
Just been on to support and Apple are swapping my Pro's under warranty. Had a really bad static noise coming through when on the phone, they said it was a common problem and swapped without a fight. Got worse after the last firmware update.

Soldato
Just been on to support and Apple are swapping my Pro's under warranty. Had a really bad static noise coming through when on the phone, they said it was a common problem and swapped without a fight. Got worse after the last firmware update.
Apple support are really good with Airpods.
Absolutely recommend going through them vs the drama of booking into the Genius Bar at the moment

Associate
Would probably be eligible to swap out my airpods but unfortunately the dog likes to chew on them so they are not in good cosmetic order. Might be related, now I think about it.

It's a tricky one as I have over ear NC for planes etc, so it's just the quality boost I'm after, and not sure it's worth 250 for that aspect. I would be tempted at 175

Associate
Can I ask if this was a normal year when would the likelihood of the AirPod pros being updated, tried a few different makes and would like to buy a set but. Not if the opinion is that an upgrade is due in the short term ?
Thanks

Soldato
Can I ask if this was a normal year when would the likelihood of the AirPod pros being updated, tried a few different makes and would like to buy a set but. Not if the opinion is that an upgrade is due in the short term ?
Thanks
We haven’t heard rumours. If Apple is releasing a new headphone, it seems like it’s going to be an over-the-ear one.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Back
Top Bottom