AirPods (and AirPods Pro [and AirPods Pro 2nd generation]) now available

Soldato
No not the over ears, the new ones. Every review I watch the NC is stated as far better and the sound quality. WF-1000XM4s

I'm using these at the moment and they are really good. Decent mixture of sound quality, isolation + NC, battery and comfort/size. They are a lot smaller and better fitting than the older XM3s but still larger than the airpod pro's.

Just tried them on the tube this morning and they worked really well, killed enough sound to listen to music at normal volumes. My older Jaybird's needed crazy volume on the tube but had no NC.

The foam tips fit inside the narrow part of the ear canal and expand so if they fit you then they work really good. Decent amount of isolation without NC and stay in place fine for jogging etc.

The main issue I guess is you can have them paired with multiple devices but only connected to one at a time. So you need to connect on the main device you'd like. Not as seamless as Pro's if you use multiple apple devices. Also the mic isn't as good.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Just bought the AirPods Pro over the weekend. Not bad considering and its more the fact of the convenience of switching device to device using them which makes it a dream to use.
Apart from when you try and do it on a Mac and they drop out, sometimes mid call on Teams/Zoom etc which is really frustrating. But I'm sure that's more down to how buggy Bluetooth appears to be in Big Sur.

Associate
Apart from when you try and do it on a Mac and they drop out, sometimes mid call on Teams/Zoom etc which is really frustrating. But I'm sure that's more down to how buggy Bluetooth appears to be in Big Sur.
I tried it on Zoom for my meeting for an hour and 10 and had no issues then. I need to check how I'd mute the mic on the headset when in video chat or software only.

Man of Honour
I tried it on Zoom for my meeting for an hour and 10 and had no issues then. I need to check how I'd mute the mic on the headset when in video chat or software only.
Mine doesn't do it often but it's infuriating when it does. There's no hardware mute button unfortunately.

Associate
That's a shame with no hardware mic mute function but not a big deal. I've yet to try it walking about rather than sitting on the couch listening ha.

I did the pressure test and it seems the large buds were better however I always felt large buds with any in ears seems to slowly push itself out of my ears. Plus they have fell out a few times. Something that I was a bit nervous about if going for a job/brisk walk out.

Soldato
I have recently purchased the AirPods Pro, I have yet to try them with my ATV4K (gen 2) for movie watching if its late and I don't want to disturb anyone. Has spacial audio been added to movies yet or is it just music currently?

Associate
Anyone had music drop outs with pros playing from downloaded music on Apple Watch 5 it stops and I just press play on watch and it starts playing again ?
Thanks

Associate
I don't get why the Pros are so much more expensive on apples website compared to John lewis or Amazon. I'd rather buy them direct and maybe personalise the case but for £50 extra, no chance!

Soldato
Amazon price match, as do JL, somewhere has them discounted so they are matching. Apple only sells at RRP and always wins because they are selling their product and making a decent profit regardless.

Soldato
Just got AirPods Pro yesterday, so happy to not be entangled with cables and to be able to switch from the pc to my phone easily. Really easy to use and the haptic buttons on the AirPods are a nice confirmation when i press it.

Associate
Having a total failure trying to connect my Airpods Pro to a Windows 10PC. I can pair them via bluetooth, but it doesn't stay connected for more than a second or two. I've turned off Bluetooth on my phone (so that shouldn't be interfering) and even unplugged and disabled all other audio devices. Still nothing. Are these notoriously difficult to get working with Windows or is it me being (unsurprisingly) stupid.

Associate
Having a total failure trying to connect my Airpods Pro to a Windows 10PC. I can pair them via bluetooth, but it doesn't stay connected for more than a second or two. I've turned off Bluetooth on my phone (so that shouldn't be interfering) and even unplugged and disabled all other audio devices. Still nothing. Are these notoriously difficult to get working with Windows or is it me being (unsurprisingly) stupid.
Just going to begin by saying that AirPod’s are not supported by windows. Every day I go through the same pain. Reconnecting via Bluetooth settings in windows. If you are going to need a mic and you think you’re going to use the one in the AirPods while using the airpods for speaks, nope.

During teams you need to use a separate mic so you can have good stereo sound quality in the airpods. You can use them both speaks and mic but the sound quality is that of a landline telephone, but make sure you select the right audio settings to allow that.

That’s just my pc. My laptop is different and I have to do things slightly differently.

they are a pain to use on windows and Microsoft haven’t done anything to change that in the 6 years AirPods have been around.

Soldato
had a few issues with mine lately. First off they developed a really high pitched sound when being put into the ear, or if touched in the ear, other than that they worked fine but I thought I would return them due to them being a few months old and under warranty. Then when they were returned they wouldn’t stay connected to a device, I would have to go through the set up process every time to get them to connect and handoff wasn’t working at all so they’ve just gone back for a second time in a month. Had notification that they’ve been fixed and are on route back. Hopefully its all resolved now.

Back
Top Bottom