AirPods (and AirPods Pro [and AirPods Pro 2nd generation]) now available

Soldato
I haven't read the whole thread, so sorry if this has been brought up before but can you update the firmware on AirPod Pros? I was wondering if that was a thing or whether you didn't have to worry about things like that?

Soldato
I haven't read the whole thread, so sorry if this has been brought up before but can you update the firmware on AirPod Pros? I was wondering if that was a thing or whether you didn't have to worry about things like that?

Yeah Apple releases firmware updates for them, you need to have another Apple device though, iPhone, iPad, Mac, etc...

Associate
I have air pods pro and half the time I make calls people say they can’t hear me or it sound like I’m underwater?

I have a 13 pro and air pods pro, what can I do to make it better? I thought apple designed products to work together?

Soldato
So I picked up a pair of Pro's at the start of the week and the fact that they are currently re-packaged ready for return pretty much says it all for me.
Sound quality is superb and while I am by no means an audiophile I do notice a small improvement over my Gen1 AirPods.
However, I just cannot get round the silicone tips and I've tried my best with them. Having tried the Beats Studio Buds I thought the vent system on the Pro's may alleviate that plugged feeling - it does somewhat but not entirely for me. Furthermore, after about an hour's usage my ears were beginning to hurt and at no point did I have that "can't even tell they're in" feeling that many have experienced. I also found the act of getting them in and out a little fidgety - or certainly compared to my Gen1's.
The standout feature for me was the Spatial Audio, it's just incredible. If the Gen3 AirPods didn't exist I would probably have persevered with the Pro's in the hope I got used to the fit and feel just for SA alone.
I really wanted to like them but for the price I really shouldn't have to convince myself. As it is I will return these and finally just get the Gen3's which in hindsight I should have done from the start!

Soldato
I had the pros and now have the gen3. I also didn’t like the in ear tips, the gen3’s are so comfortable.
Good to know thanks!
I have an Amazon voucher from an insurance policy that I'm due to collect in a couple of weeks so I think I'll hold out until that comes through and then order them up.

Soldato
It’s non-pro for me too.

I don’t like the tips and actually don’t want ANC for my in-ears. If I’m out for a walk or a run, I like having a bit of ambient noise.

In situations where I want ANC, I have Bose over-ears.

I’m waiting for my Gen1 AirPods to die before getting Gen3 (Gen4 might even be out by then). When my Bose battery finally dies I’ll see what’s available.

I’m tempted by the AirPod Max but they need to make some changes in Gen2 before I’d consider them over Bose/Sony.

Soldato
I've got a set of Pro's and a set of non-Pro's, they get used for different things.

The Pro's are superb for listening to music with. I do a lot of business travel and really like the way the ANC blocks out the noise of a jet engine and even a screaming baby. For calls though I absolutely hate using the Pro's.

The non-Pro's are used for Teams and Zoom calls only and are mostly connected to my laptop. They're fairly expensive to be dedicated to just that but they work so well that it's worth it. Battery life isn't amazing but I work with one earbud in use and the other in the case then when the battery gets low on the active one I can just put the other one in my ear and then put the original one into the charging case.

Soldato
I love my Pros. The music quality is fantastic, and they work well with things like answering a call when listening to music. I also find them very comfortable. If Apple releases a Pro 2 like rumoured, I'll probably buy them as soon as possible.

Soldato
I love my Pros. The music quality is fantastic, and they work well with things like answering a call when listening to music. I also find them very comfortable. If Apple releases a Pro 2 like rumoured, I'll probably buy them as soon as possible.

Same here. As soon as they’re up for pre order I’ll be getting them. They’re just class.

Soldato
Cracking deal.
Also ordered one even though it was out of stock. Awesome deal, as long as I eventually get it I'll be more than happy.
Yep I was very happy!
They initially popped up around 10am but disappeared about 30mins later - was annoyed as I thought I'd missed out. Then they re-appeared again around 11.30 and have been there since (although as you say they are showing OOS but at least still there). Mine should arrive on Tuesday all being well.

Soldato
Yep I was very happy!
They initially popped up around 10am but disappeared about 30mins later - was annoyed as I thought I'd missed out. Then they re-appeared again around 11.30 and have been there since (although as you say they are showing OOS but at least still there). Mine should arrive on Tuesday all being well.

That's reassuring, I initially feared it could be a pricing error or glitch and Amazon are known to cancel orders in these cases, but if it disappeared and reappeared then there's a good chance it was the intended price.

Back
Top Bottom