AirPods (and AirPods Pro [and AirPods Pro 2nd generation]) now available

Soldato
3’s arrived today and I’m very happy with them. If I had to choose I would say the Gen 1’s are actually a little more comfortable but only marginally - they’re a much better fit for me than the Pro’s were anyway.
One thing I can’t understand, I have no Left/Right option in my Bluetooth settings. I have tried completely removing them from my account and repairing, it’s the same across all my devices. The only information I could find was from a forum post back in 2017 circa iOS 11 where it said to let them completely drain to 0% and then the option appeared once re-charged.
Has anyone else had this?

Soldato
Strange as @GMac11 got his as above.
Yep got mine yesterday, seems I was one of the lucky ones that slipped through the net, it’s a shame they’ve made such a mess of it.
I’m still having a few teething problems with mine. Still haven’t sussed why the options for Left/Right controls are missing from the settings. And I also discovered this morning that they won’t charge on either of my wireless pads - both of which charge my iPhone 13PM fine.
*Edit* Never mind the charging fiasco, entirely user error on that one! I have my bedside charger coming off a 5a plug as I prefer to let my phone trickle charge overnight. Seemingly, while the phone charged without issue, the AirPods aren’t so accommodating.

Last edited:
Soldato
It seems more and more likely that Apple are going to release Pro 2 AirPods in the second half of the year. Maybe when the new iPhones? I have no idea but it would be cool if that is what happens.

Soldato
I don't expect a major upgrade, we'd have heard something by now. Probably just an incremental upgrade, something Apple are excellent at.

Soldato
I don't expect a major upgrade, we'd have heard something by now. Probably just an incremental upgrade, something Apple are excellent at.

I think the big new feature is meant to support lossless audio over a wireless connection which is why I'm excited. Hopefully, longer battery life on top and I'd buy them.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
I think the big new feature is meant to support lossless audio over a wireless connection which is why I'm excited. Hopefully, longer battery life on top and I'd buy them.

That would require a new wireless technology that surpasses Bluetooth right? If so that would likely require new hardware on the music player side. Maybe they could do it for the 2023 iPhone and Macs.

Back
Top Bottom