AirPods (and AirPods Pro [and AirPods Pro 2nd generation]) now available

Soldato
That would require a new wireless technology that surpasses Bluetooth right? If so that would likely require new hardware on the music player side. Maybe they could do it for the 2023 iPhone and Macs.

Possibly. But Apple have probably been planning this for a little while so I'm hopeful they will have built in support with the latest M1 macs. Time will tell I guess.

Soldato
So I upgraded to the AirPods 3s

Whilst they don’t have the Pro options NC etc they are super comfortable the Pros but my ears after a while, and the sound is on par with the Pros but slightly more bass!

Soldato
What's the deal with the AirPods Pro being so cheap on Amazon (£190, they were a bit lower at £180 last week). Are they genuine, likely refurb? A couple of the reviews suggesting mismatched serial numbers etc., just wondering if that's a deal to avoid.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Last edited:
Mobster
Soldato
That would require a new wireless technology that surpasses Bluetooth right? If so that would likely require new hardware on the music player side. Maybe they could do it for the 2023 iPhone and Macs.

No, not if they use Wi-Fi, which is my expectation. They'll probably call it AirPlay 3 or something like that. That is my expectation of how they will get around the bandwidth limitations of Bluetooth.

Associate
No, not if they use Wi-Fi, which is my expectation. They'll probably call it AirPlay 3 or something like that. That is my expectation of how they will get around the bandwidth limitations of Bluetooth.
Would make sense when you consider something like a gaming headset, which needs the wireless dongle to do everything. The MacBooks have pretty terrible Bluetooth anyway.

Mobster
Soldato
Would make sense when you consider something like a gaming headset, which needs the wireless dongle to do everything. The MacBooks have pretty terrible Bluetooth anyway.

Apple tend to test features out and if you watch carefully what they are going towards.

AirPlay from iPhone to Mac has gone under the radar but is basically what the AirPods Pro 2 will do. The latency is essentially non-existent and the audio quality good.

Associate
I have airpod pros. If I make a call outside in the street people cannot hear what I am saying and I have to switch to using my phone. Is this normal or are my air pods broken? They only seem to be usuable in a quiet environment

Soldato
I have airpod pros. If I make a call outside in the street people cannot hear what I am saying and I have to switch to using my phone. Is this normal or are my air pods broken? They only seem to be usuable in a quiet environment
Don’t have this issue and I work in a very loud factory.

Ev0

Ev0

Soldato
Used my AirPod Pros for the first time in a long time on a train the other day and the noise cancelling seemed awful, like it wasn’t even really doing much :(

Need to get my old Bose QC20 out next time and do a comparison as swear it’s a lot worse than it used to be (and it used to be about the same as the Bose, only marginally worse).

Soldato
Used my AirPod Pros for the first time in a long time on a train the other day and the noise cancelling seemed awful, like it wasn’t even really doing much :(

Need to get my old Bose QC20 out next time and do a comparison as swear it’s a lot worse than it used to be (and it used to be about the same as the Bose, only marginally worse).

Give them a good clean out. Honestly makes the world of difference.

Associate
hah :)

I stupidly bought the beats pro for the gym since its a bit more secure. Other than that particular use it is absolutely trash and hurts my ears.
I was tempted by the new B&O stem ones, but shall hang on for the new Air Pods

Man of Honour
Lost my AirPod Pro charging case when walking the dog this morning, what's my best option for replacement? Direct from Apple is £95, but I see some cheaper options on eBay. Then again it's difficult to know which are actually genuine.

Back
Top Bottom