AirPods (and AirPods Pro [and AirPods Pro 2nd generation]) now available

Associate
Haha congrats.

I had this bizarre moment out when shopping. My AirPods temporarily had some distortion, a bit like I was out of range of my phone. I immediately panicked and reached to feel for my phone, as if I had left it somewhere. It was still in my pocket, so it was just some rare temporary interference.

What was interesting was that before I even realised what I was doing, my subconscious brain was checking to see if I had my phone. Funny how behaviour gets changed so quickly.

Commissario
I actually saw someone else with a set of these in their ears a couple of days ago. It was the first time I've seen anyone else with them.

/edit - Wow, just looked at the Apple site and these are still on six week delivery!

Commissario
Should also say that I had the Earskinz ES3 through yesterday.

Slightly tricker to fit than the Spigens, no noticeable difference in sound between the two. Perhaps the ES3 create a fractionally tighter seal but there's very little in it.

V1UfJ1i.jpeg

2yiWdmW.jpeg

The Spigen thing is a lot more obvious in the ear.

Soldato
Noooooooooooo! I've lost them again :(

Well, I've lost one airpod...

I dropped the case on the floor in my flat and it opened on impact. I saw one fly out and found it on the kitchen floor.

The other one - I have no idea!

I was in a rush yesterday leaving the house to go on a road trip and I wanted to bring them, that's when I dropped it.

I must be going crazy as I can't find it anywhere on the floor and I never only put one in the case, so I'm 99% certain the other one flew out somewhere.

It was only this morning when I returned that I remembered about the find my airpods feature and only the one that I found is making noise.

God, I'm such a klutz.

:(:(:(

Soldato
Yeah I use mine a hell of a lot more than I thought I would. I'm currently at my desk with them in right now as I work (ok i can't be doing that much work if i'm on here :p)

But yeah, totally worth the money. The range on them is fantastic. I wasn't sure when i commited to buying them but if I lost these I'd buy another set with no hesitation.

Soldato
I absolutely love mine, I use them on a daily basis.

However, they aren't perfect.

Having to choose the double-tap function to either play/pause or use Siri is quite frustrating. Ideally, it should be single tap to play/pause and double tap for Siri.

The 'take one earbud out to pause' function is great, but half the time I put the 'spare' Airpod in my pocket and the music starts playing again… it's a pain having to double tap then ask Siri to pause and usually, there isn't time to do this when you need to pause anyway.

Finally, and this is something I thought would be a pain before I bought them, there's no way of changing the volume on the Airpods themselves. Nine times out of ten it's not a problem but every so often something comes on much louder than whatever you were listening to before and you aren't easily able to change the volume on your device. When this happens you just have to rip them out of your ear…

If you could slide your finger up and down the side of one of them to change volume and you could single tap to play/pause they would be perfect.

Back
Top Bottom