AirPods (and AirPods Pro [and AirPods Pro 2nd generation]) now available

Soldato
I'm stilling missing one ear pod, so no wireless music for me for the last couple of weeks :(

I need to get a stick or something and poke around under the kitchen cabinets...

fez

fez

Caporegime
Ordered a pair from very.co.uk yesterday ago so they should be here tomorrow. Have heard so many good things about them and almost no one saying they don't like them.

Got them and though my iphone is off getting repaired at the moment they are pretty awesome. Just wandering around the flat with them in is great. They are really comfortable which I assumed they would be because I like the wired version but just getting rid of the wire makes the world of difference. No cable drag, getting the cable snagged on stuff or risking pulling the phone out of my pocket when the cable gets caught.

I used to find the cable would also naturally get sort of dragged down when I was walking with the headphones in and I would have to pull the cable up every few minutes to stop it pulling on the headphones in my ear.

Suffice to say I am really happy with them so far.

Last edited:
Associate
Managed to get some from Argos, I love them. Pretty good sound quality considering their size, they work so well and easy to switch between my Macbook and iPhone.
Really well designed by Apple, wish they came in a Space Grey colour though.

A nice touch is that if you're only using one AirPod, you get mono sound.

Is there any way to keep one Airpod going when I pull one of them out? My audio stops whenever I take one of them out my ear.

Last edited by a moderator:
Commissario
Is there any way to keep one Airpod going when I pull one of them out? My audio stops whenever I take one of them out my ear.
I don't think so because that's working as intended. I've got mine set so that a double tap starts and stops playback so if I take one out and want to carry on listening (in mono), all I do is double tap the remaining airpod and it carries on.

Associate
I don't think so because that's working as intended. I've got mine set so that a double tap starts and stops playback so if I take one out and want to carry on listening (in mono), all I do is double tap the remaining airpod and it carries on.

Good idea. I'm hoping with the next version of Airpods Apple works out how to include some sort of 'stroke' touch on the stick bit to allow for volume control, that would make these things perfect. With iOS 11 I'm planning on doing double tap right/left for skip/back.

Associate
I'm still not completely sold on the idea... I don't really like how they look + the lack of isolation. The continuity, however, does intrigue me.

Soldato
I've got a pair of these over the weekend and quite like them apart from calls where the quality is just a horrible hissing mess, there is a constant background hiss to the audio in calls and its quite off putting. Its not there in media or music just calls. My Jaybird Freedom don't have this problem so it must be something with the airpods or that I'm sensitive too so thinking about returning them. I've checked the firmware and they are on the latest and they are using my iPhone 7.

Soldato
Nope, no hissing here either.

I have found that the left Airpod doesn't always connect though — The right is always fine but sometimes I have to put them both back in the case, then put the left one in first in order to get them both working…

Back
Top Bottom