AirPods (and AirPods Pro [and AirPods Pro 2nd generation]) now available

Associate
The only single thing stopping me from buying them is the way they look when they're being worn, I just can't get over it. I would absolutely love them, especially the jumping between Macbook/watch/phone depending on what's needed at the time but I can't face wearing them in public.

Deleted member 138126

D

Deleted member 138126

Yesterday for the first time I saw someone wearing Airpods, and they look a lot less ridiculous in person than they do in pictures. Now I'm almost tempted.

Soldato
Yesterday for the first time I saw someone wearing Airpods, and they look a lot less ridiculous in person than they do in pictures. Now I'm almost tempted.

Go for it. I've not noticed anyone giving me any funny looks when I've warn mine out and about. But then again, I wasn't checking as I really don't care what people may think about my choice in headphones.

Soldato

Ditto saw someone walk past me near the shops. The only reason they stand out I think is the lack of a wire. Definitely don't look bulky or odd imo.

Patiently waiting for them to come back in stock, then I think I'll buy them. :)

Soldato
Still seeing mixed reports on sound quality. I've pre-ordered anyway as I have £50 of amazon vouchers so we will see.

Got mine the other day - they sound better than normal airpods and I can't really see how they could sound much better for that type of headphone - you def can't tell they are not wired.

Anyone not wanting to wait for amazon should sign up for an alert here:

http://www.istocknow.com

Last edited:
Commissario
n111ck;30445627 said:
Anyone not wanting to wait for amazon should sign up for an alert here:

http://www.istocknow.com
I did that last week, some came into stock the next day but it wasn't convenient for me to charge off to the shop. I got an alert this morning and it was possible so off I went. Thanks Mum ;)

Initial impressions are good, the left one doesn't seem to fit quite as well as the right one and although it feels a little loose, I've tried swinging my head around to try and dislodge it and it hasn't dropped out. I've only had a quick fifteen minute try of them so far so I can't say any more just yet.

Commissario
Wow.

I found these two teardowns which are far superior to anything ifixit do. This one on the AirPods and this one on the charger. There's an awful lot in these little things, it's not surprising they're so expensive.

Associate
So after saying I wouldn't buy them because of the way they look, I got the Airpods as a gift. Love the functionality, especially how easy it is to jump between Macbook & phone, they fit well and sound good. They still look a bit like earrings but the guys in my work got used to looking at me wearing them after about 2 minutes so I'm pretty much over how they look, I've also seen a couple of people walking around the town with them and they look fine.

Girlfriend also doesn't have a clue how lucky she was to walk into an Apple Shop and pick up a pair. :D:D

Commissario
I went for a good five mile walk today with the Airpods in and I really liked them far more than I thought I would. I have three other sets of bluetooth headphones, two are in ear jobbies with a wire between them and the other is an over the head set.

I can't wear the over the head ones with my trilby.

I hadn't realised just how often I'd needed to readjust the other two sets. The wire always catches on the back of my jacket/coat and as I move my head to look around, the in ear types which are secured by either a hook over my ears or a sort of plastic thing which sits in the ear move around as the wire catches.

Of course, no wire, no catching, no movement. I didn't need to touch them at all.

The only downside is that compared to the over the head ones, my ears got cold!

Associate
Feek;30488551 said:
I went for a good five mile walk today with the Airpods in and I really liked them far more than I thought I would. I have three other sets of bluetooth headphones, two are in ear jobbies with a wire between them and the other is an over the head set.

I can't wear the over the head ones with my trilby.

I hadn't realised just how often I'd needed to readjust the other two sets. The wire always catches on the back of my jacket/coat and as I move my head to look around, the in ear types which are secured by either a hook over my ears or a sort of plastic thing which sits in the ear move around as the wire catches.

Of course, no wire, no catching, no movement. I didn't need to touch them at all.

The only downside is that compared to the over the head ones, my ears got cold!

In terms of audio quality, how do they compare? Which other sets do you have?

Commissario
The other sets I have are dirt cheap so audio quality has never been a priority. I've got a set of SoundWhiz W18, Aukey EP-B4 and some generic headphones from 7dayshop that were about fifteen quid.

The Airpods are far superior to all of them.

Back
Top Bottom