AirPods (and AirPods Pro [and AirPods Pro 2nd generation]) now available

Soldato
I used to but over the years they have got better, lighter and smaller and now I hardly notice them. I prefer foam tips over silicone but you have to replace them quite often so tend to end up back on the silicone tips.

Soldato
Picked mine up at lunch time, so far so good.

Pairing with iPhone and MBP super quick and easy and they're a perfect fit (as are EarPods).

Sound quality is as I expected; a little better than EarPods, definitely more bass.

Voice calls are clear, podcasts are fine and the music I've tried so far is good.

Associate
I know this is the AirPod thread...but does anyone else find in ear headphones uncomfortable? I bought some jaybird X3s and put the smallest foam tips on, but I doubt I could wear them for long. Can almost see why Apple went with the design they did.

Yep - I'm very happy the Airpods are designed as they are. I find anything that goes further into my ears really uncomfortable, and over-ear annoy the hell out of me if I'm wearing my glasses so Airpods are perfect.

Soldato
Anyone else noticed that phone calls are slightly staticcy sometimes? Only when the other person is speaking?

I notice it a lot when on the lowest call volume, which is reasonably loud.

Associate
Still getting the drops on phone calls for a few seconds.. even with the firmware update.

Going to try and turn off my watch for a while to see if that fixes anything. This is the only negative about this product, great otherwise.

Almost lost my right earbud though yesterday! Left it on the counter in a fudge shop in Lincoln... walked halfway down the hill before I realised!

Associate
So.... 6 weeks on the website..... are stores getting these to sell without pre-order at the moment? I really dont want to wait 6 weeks!

Associate
So.... 6 weeks on the website..... are stores getting these to sell without pre-order at the moment? I really dont want to wait 6 weeks!
The Apple store have stock ad-hoc. I just happened to be in Manchester so I asked if the had any and bought a pair.

It's crazy how many issues there are getting hold of them - you'd think that the hype would be leveled by now?

Soldato
That iStock site was fantastic for me. Half the UK lit up one morning and, although I couldn't get to an Apple Store, it was obvious the UK had just had a delivery. So I jumped on the O2 website (thanks to a tip from here) and managed to order a pair that got delivered within a few days rather than six weeks.

I've just got back from a run wearing them; they didn't skip a beat or slip out or anything — very impressed so far.

Soldato
A few people on Head-Fi have recommended the Spigen TEKA's as a great, cheap add-on to the Airpods due to them optimising the position of the driver to your ear canal whilst still letting the sensors work, securing them a bit more, plus they're easy to take on and off when you need to charge the Airpods themselves.

Commissario
I ordered some of those and they turned up today because despite what I said earlier, sometimes I do struggle to get a good fit. Yes, they work, they certainly feel a lot more secure in my lugs and aren't moving about at all. I'm quite sure that I'll get quickly fed up with taking them off and putting them on though and no doubt I'll lose them within about three microseconds of taking them off!

/edit - I think I need to make sure I don't lose them. They seem to be holding the Airpods in exactly the right place for optimal sound quality (with bass boost EQ on).

Soldato
Tempted to grab some of these but worried that might fall out when running, etc but I guess that can be cured with items as mention above?

I've got a pair of wireless bluetooth headphones already and although they sound good, the wire between them is a pain.

Soldato
Tempted to grab some of these but worried that might fall out when running, etc but I guess that can be cured with items as mention above?

I've got a pair of wireless bluetooth headphones already and although they sound good, the wire between them is a pain.

If normal EarPods fall out of your ears, these will fall out. If you're ok with EarPods, you should be fine with AirPods.

The only time my AirPods have fallen out is when I tried to take a jumper off (over my head) while still wearing them…

Back
Top Bottom