AK Racing Chair - How do install Extended Hydraulic Gas Lift?

Soldato
Hey guys, please can you help, I just bought this "Extended Hydraulic Gas Lift".

Can you tell me how to install this and if I've bought the right thing? It cost me £28.99 from a popular website.

Have I bought the right thing? It's just my chair is too low to ground as I'm 6 foot 4 so wanted the chair higher?

The chair I bought was "AK Racing Premium V2 Gaming Chair Black & Black" from OCUK.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Associate
Get a decent pipe wrench and rubber mallet to get the original gas cylinder out and you'll be fine. As noted above, some time watching some youtube videos on this will save you some grief and frustration.

Alternatively, many office supplies places that sell furniture (not the big chain stores) will do this for you for a fee if you don't fancy doing it yourself.

Soldato
OP
Thanks for your replies so far.

I think I might not have explained my question correctly with what I was trying to ask, I do apologise.

I just got an email back from the company "AKRacing" and I don't think they got what I meant either so just emailed them back too.

Originally when I bought this chair it was about £250 on OCUK and it said there was a separate additionally extension for like £25...I didn't buy it at the time but later regretted it because the chair seems too low to the ground for my height.

So I was trying to buy an extension to add on top of the original gas lift to increase the height of the chair...but instead I think I have just bought the exact same "Extended Hydraulic Gas Lift" that my chair already has. I think I wasted £29 on the wrong thing.

It looks like it will only offer the same height.

I thought there was something I could buy to make the chair 4-6 inches higher? Does this exist? Do you know where I can buy it? And what this item is called?

It's really hurting my legs when I sit and play csgo on a night for hours on end.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom