• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Akasa vortexx doesn't fit my 4870!

Soldato
Posting from phone, will post pics when stock HS is back on. 4 holes all line up, but bloody capacitors or whatever they are, they're blocking some of the metal backplate of vortexx, and it's impossible to seat cooler. I've put MX-2 on core, but also 8 sticky backed thermal pads from vortexx on memory chips on 4870. Should I leave thermal pads on now? They're useless once ripped off, but memory chips didn't have any pads with stock cooler. This is meant to fit the 4870.

Soldato
OP
Just to add, I can push all 4 screw threads of cooler into all 4 holes of card, but cant push it down far enough to touch gpu core as its blocked by these caps. This is under the fan end of akasa.

Caporegime
26th august.

Ok.

You saying you canny get the screws to look like this when you look at the back of the card?

SS101097a.jpg

Caporegime
Yes, I've done pics, but need to fit stock cooler first before booting pc. Need to know if I should leave 8 thermal pads on or not?

I've taken mine off lots of times and not had any problems. As long as you take them off carefully you'll be all right.

Doubt it would do any harm keeping then on with the stock cooler fitted any way.

Back
Top Bottom