AKG k612 Pro Left Ear Dead

Soldato
I bought some b grade from a competitor back in November, but them on yesterday and the left speaker isn't working at all, tried multiple machines, multiple sound cards and my phone. im certain it is not the wire as fiddling with the entire length made no difference or sound to show it was a loose/frayed wire. As annoyed as I am at being 1 month out of warranty its life so I'm tempted to have a crack at fixing them but not entirely sure were to start.

Any one got any ideas for what It could be or any idea how to get inside and fix them?

Soldato
OP
Thanks buddy, just watched that video at seems the white wire has broken off so I've ordered a solering iron (no idea where my old one has gone) and some 60/40 to get it fixed this evening

Soldato
OP
No probs.
Before re-soldering, do yourself a favour and use some paper or something to protect the driver, as even the smallest solder splash on the cone/diaphragm will destroy it.

appreciate it, already done by the time i read this but all good, I have a pretty steady hand, I could see the problem as all the other wires had small plobs were as the one that broke had like nothing.

Again appreciate it but already managed to get em apart and solder it up.

Now my other question is can anyone find spare grid covers for these? Was a right PITA to get off and I've managed to scrap 2 of the little retention clips off of it :(

Soldato
Beyerdynamic sells plenty of spare parts on their website, but don't know if AKG is selling any except to some authorized services.
Search with part number from that service manual doesn't exactly give much of results.

Back
Top Bottom