Alan Davies comments

Soldato
Wow the feelings in this thread really do run deep and some of the tribal nonsense just leaves me speechless. Sometimes as a United fan it's hard to look beyond the vitriol and hatred that exists between our two clubs but the line is their where this issue is concerned.

One thing that sticks in my mind is people saying that 'It's 23 years people should move on' Why should they move on :confused:. Some of the 96 were young men in their prime. They should still be here and they should be taking their kids to matches but they can't because of extremely bad public policing and incident control. How do you tell some of the mothers who should have teenage grandkids 'to get over it, move on'

Some people are judging LFC, The City and the families in a bad way because they chose to commemorate their lost ones in the way that they do against what other clubs do like Utd, Rangers, Bradford, Juventus etc. Just because they don't do something similar why does this make the Hillsborough memorial a bad thing.

It's threads like this that really do leave me :confused:at the lack of compassion some people have

Soldato
Got to be honest, I don't care what they do.
It has literally no bearing on my life one way or the other so I'm completely indifferent to the actions Liverpool FC take on this day.

Why anyone with half a brain who supports a rival club would make a Negative comment on TV or Radio about what liverpool FC choose to do on this day is beyond me.

Soldato
I take it you don't celebrate your Birthday or wedding anniversary or..... well I could go on.

Its about respect and remembrance. The families that have been affected by these tragic events have got on with their lives. But they assign one day a year to collectively remember those affected and the most fitting day, The day that affected everyone involved.

I definitely celebrate birthdays etc. but as do most people in society,we wait until an appropriate day for everyone to hold the celebration such as a weekend day when we are all free.

Why can the people of Liverpool not grasp this concept?

Soldato
I definitely celebrate birthdays etc. but as do most people in society,we wait until an appropriate day for everyone to hold the celebration such as a weekend day when we are all free.

Why can the people of Liverpool not grasp this concept?

This year the anniversary of Hillsborough fell on a Sunday so I'm not sure what your point is?

Soldato
This year the anniversary of Hillsborough fell on a Sunday so I'm not sure what your point is?

Wasn't the whole point of the thread that they Hillsborough memorial may cause a fixture problem for other clubs, or am I missing something?

My point based on the above is that the Liverpool crowd that attend the Hillsborough memorial could be more flexible in terms of the date and how it is conducted. The mere suggestion of this seems to bring about the "I'm so hard done to" reaction from the Liverpool crowd.

I can actually understand their point but I don't agree with the way they conduct themselves and the way they talk about it as if they should be given special treatment.

I don't understand why its so difficult for them to at least acknowledge the point I and many others have tried to make, which is a valid one and is shared by a lot of people.

A little bit of give and take, and less of the poor attitude would go a long way and might actually garner more sympathy for your cause.

Soldato
Wasn't the whole point of the thread that they Hillsborough memorial may cause a fixture problem for other clubs, or am I missing something?

My point based on the above is that the Liverpool crowd that attend the Hillsborough memorial could be more flexible in terms of the date and how it is conducted. The mere suggestion of this seems to bring about the "I'm so hard done to" reaction from the Liverpool crowd.

You do know Liverpool were asked to play on the Saturday and not Sunday. Chelsea were unhappy about the timing of their game but the FA chose that not Liverpool - so what reaction are you referring to?

I can actually understand their point but I don't agree with the way they conduct themselves and the way they talk about it as if they should be given special treatment.

I don't understand why its so difficult for them to at least acknowledge the point I and many others have tried to make, which is a valid one and is shared by a lot of people.

You could try to show some understanding that nearly 100 lives were lost and people like to get together 1 day every year to remember them.

A little bit of give and take, and less of the poor attitude would go a long way and might actually garner more sympathy for your cause.

It's funny as I think your attitude is poor and if you had a better one there might be more sympathy for your point.

Soldato
You do know Liverpool were asked to play on the Saturday and not Sunday. Chelsea were unhappy about the timing of their game but the FA chose that not Liverpool - so what reaction are you referring to?

This is just semantics. I don't actually care about the fixtures as I support none of the clubs involved anyway. I am just trying to look at it objectively.

You could try to show some understanding that nearly 100 lives were lost and people like to get together 1 day every year to remember them.

I understand that people died and it's very very sad. 1 day every year is fine, they do not have to cause inconvenience to others in the process, and it does not need to be on the exact day every year. It can and should be able to wait until it is a convenient time for everyone, not just the people of Liverpool.

It's funny as I think your attitude is poor and if you had a better one there might be more sympathy for your point.

That is a quite childish response and shows a total lack of understanding and compromise. I didn't single you out specifically for your attitude, so why are you singling me out by calling my perfectly valid opinion "poor attitude"? Also why would I want sympathy? My point/cause isn't something that requires sympathy, it's just common sense. The Hillsborough cause could probably do with all the sympathy and help it can get if they are serious about finding the so called "truth".

It is a good example of the "blablabla I'm not listening" fingers in ears attitude that a lot of the Liverpool crowd seem to share though, and whether we are talking about Suarez or Hillsborough the same behaviour arises.

You haven't addressed any of the underlying issues I pointed out, you have just answered questions with questions.

It actually appears that the people involved in these things don't want sympathy and don't want things to calm down, they just want to cause an even bigger stink by pretending that nobody cares and deluding themselves into believing that they are hard done to.

Don
they do not have to cause inconvenience to others in the process

No inconvenience has been caused. Chelsea played Sunday and then Wednesday; they had already played Sunday and then the following Wednesday 4 times this season too (plus a fair few Saturday - Tuesday's which is no different). Where's the inconvenience?

Back
Top Bottom