Alan Henning killed.

Caporegime
Isn't using the EDL a counter to your own view point ?
They call themselves the English defense league yet the English do not get judged by EDL actions nor are required to apologize for EDL actions.

Yet some of us do. Go to some European countries and that is the impression they have of a lot of us. Go to some areas within our own country and that is an impression people will hold of us.

Caporegime
I think a better question is; if you think the EDL are a problem do you pander to them or do you challenge them. I say it's better to challenge than to pander.

Exactly. You'd challenge and speak out against them. You wouldn't start paying them to stop 'protesting'.

I actually feel using the EDL as an example is slightly unfair on them here too. They may be morons but IS take it to a whole new level of stupidity.

Soldato
Shame someone who tried to help the ordinary people gets killed. It was expected. IS said they would kill him if the UK got involved. We did not need to get involved. Saudi and Qatar have hundreds of planes in the sector, they did not need us. Politicians as usual playing on the world stage for their own egos.

Associate
Shame someone who tried to help the ordinary people gets killed. It was expected. IS said they would kill him if the UK got involved. We did not need to get involved. Saudi and Qatar have hundreds of planes in the sector, they did not need us. Politicians as usual playing on the world stage for their own egos.

This is actually a pretty damn good summary of the situation

Caporegime
1 man in a 'war' where 100's of others are killed every day.

They don't have strike planes, this is their only way to fight back through propaganda.

Stupid war, trying to pin our ideals on a bunch of fanatic religious morons.
Kill them all is the only answer, stamp their belief out completely. Anything else is just damage control

I have no idea why the UK doesn't demand all its citizens return from the area and blanket ban people from traveling there. If you do its your own stupid risk... This might happen.

What an embarrassing, shameful way to die...

Last edited:

Sho

Sho

Soldato
This is so sad :(

It's also a sad time for my Muslim friends who will be typecast and unfairly judged. These fanatics have completely skewed Islam to fit their agenda.

I don't understand what they gain from that other than alienating themselves from the rest of the world, Alan was helping fellow Muslims among others. So it's pretty strange. They are being condemned by all Muslims around the world - so what they are achieving other than proving their fanaticism and radicalism and effectively drawing a target on their backs?

I would love to understand why they are doing this really. I guess it's something we'll never understand. :(

My thoughts and condolences to his family.

Soldato

It's also a sad time for my Muslim friends who will be typecast and unfairly judged. These fanatics have completely skewed Islam to fit their agenda.

Like I said, earlier this week my experience with Muslim families has been good.
They offer kind hospitality and have been good to work for.

However, Rotherham child abuse scandal - Pakistani Muslim males, and that is just the tip of the iceberg.

Bradford? Rochdale? Leeds?

Draw a cartoon of Mohammed and the streets are filled with 'behead the infidel' slogans.

Please let me know when you have identified the good Muslims from the bad, so I know who to direct my anger towards.

Permabanned
I came across the video on a news site after googling his name. The video just didn't look real to me??

Then I read the comments which was odd, tin foil hat kind of odd. CIA are staging it, Alan Henning was the perfect guy to pull at people's heart strings and get the Brits in there etc etc.

Though I don't know what to believe, it is not surprising that people are believing this^

Bet the conspiracy guys are having a field day....

RIP to Alan and I hope his family get the support they need. Really got to feel for them.

Are his family in on it to? :rolleyes:

Permabanned

Plenty of surveys have suggested that lots of muslims sympathise with the more radical elements.

Soldato
I came across the video on a news site after googling his name. The video just didn't look real to me??

I'll admit it I've seen all the videos and they all seem fake to me... I don't have some desire to see beheading's but I was told by a friend you literally see nothing and he's right. You see them speak and then the guy starts to behead the victim but you see no blood at all the screen goes black then it bring back to shot with a head on a bloodied body.

Caporegime
Exactly. You'd challenge and speak out against them. You wouldn't start paying them to stop 'protesting'.

I actually feel using the EDL as an example is slightly unfair on them here too. They may be morons but IS take it to a whole new level of stupidity.

Exactly, the EDL haven't killed or seriously injured anyone but the way the media and the looney left go after them you'd think they were advocating sending Muslims to the gas chambers. It's easy to go after a perceived far-right threat, we're used to and comfortable with it. It's not so easy to go after a radical Islamic threat, partly because it'd mean the establishment would have to admit it had got it wrong for the last 30 years promoting the policy of Londonistan.

Soldato
I'll admit it I've seen all the videos and they all seem fake to me... I don't have some desire to see beheading's but I was told by a friend you literally see nothing and he's right. You see them speak and then the guy starts to behead the victim but you see no blood at all the screen goes black then it bring back to shot with a head on a bloodied body.

If they are fake, for what purpose and by who? What do you think really happened to the bloke? How far do you think the 'fakeness' goes?

I haven't seen and have no wish to see the video's myself.

Permabanned

I will say it again, are his family in on it then?

Soldato
I'm not saying they're fake but that was my initial reaction when I saw the first one.

The possibility certainly raises a few interesting questions.

Like I say, I haven't seen them so don't have an opinion but am curious as to what other people think of them.

Back
Top Bottom