• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Alder Lake-S leaks

Soldato
So uhm, why does MLID have an unreleased Intel Arc GPU on the desk behind him?
Pretty sure he's trolling. The cooler design on the 128EE Arc is very similar to the DG1 demo card for a year back. So either that's actually a DG1 and it just looks like baby Arc from a distance, or (crazy idea) he's printed a baby Arc shroud from the 3D renders he's commissioned.

However good his sources are (or he claims them to be) I really doubt he's "in" with the industry enough to have somebody drop an ES baby Arc on his lap!

Soldato
So glad I didn't jump on the crusty old 5800x with its archaic non hybrid architecture. 12700K properly dunks on it.

Lol. Dunks?

So glad I didn't jump on the crusty old 5800x with its archaic non hybrid architecture. 12700K properly dunks on it.

I’m so glad AMD have revitalised the industry. Lisa Su for Nobel Prize and Queens new year honours list.

Last edited by a moderator:
Associate
12700KF destroys the 5800x and more often than not also beats the 5900x

“unfortunately this game is gpu bound at...”

Then change the ******* settings or resolution to make it a CPU test! It’s in your control, don’t just say “hey look, here’s another useless GPU bound benchmark that tells you nothing about CPU performance.”

That guy frustrates me. He did the same with the 12900k.

I get it, the majority of gamers play at 1080p, so people want to see benches for that, but if it’s a GPU bound game then a quick “performance at 1080p is largely GPU bound for this game so we’ve dialled down the settings / changed the resolution to ensure we’re testing the CPU” would be fine, surely.:mad:
Then you know how the CPU is going to perform once the GPU bottleneck is removed (if it ever happens). At this rate for the GPU bound tests he might as well test at 4K and be done with it. Hell, 8k, it really makes no difference to the CPU.
In fact I can do it for him. In GPU bound titles the high end CPUs have results that are practically identical. :rolleyes:

/rant

Associate
lol, jog on fanboy. Are you literally ignoring every post in this thread which debunks and dismisses the hyperbolic headlines from reviews?
Am I ignoring what Ryzen owners say about the latest Intel chips in favour of the pc tech reviewers who have actually tested these chips? Yes. Yes I am.

AMD have been destroying Intel for so long now everyone is having a reeeeal hard time adjusting to Intel being back on top.

Associate
“unfortunately this game is gpu bound at...”

Then change the ******* settings or resolution to make it a CPU test! It’s in your control, don’t just say “hey look, here’s another useless GPU bound benchmark that tells you nothing about CPU performance.”

That guy frustrates me. He did the same with the 12900k.

I get it, the majority of gamers play at 1080p, so people want to see benches for that, but if it’s a GPU bound game then a quick “performance at 1080p is largely GPU bound for this game so we’ve dialled down the settings / changed the resolution to ensure we’re testing the CPU” would be fine, surely.:mad:
Then you know how the CPU is going to perform once the GPU bottleneck is removed (if it ever happens). At this rate for the GPU bound tests he might as well test at 4K and be done with it. Hell, 8k, it really makes no difference to the CPU.
In fact I can do it for him. In GPU bound titles the high end CPUs have results that are practically identical. :rolleyes:

/rant
If only there were resolutions lower than 1080p.

Caporegime
I think CPU benchmarks need to show both sides. What I mean by that is I want to see a truly CPU limited scenario such as 720P low settings.

However, I will never use that resolution, so I also want to see a fully GPU bound scenario using higher resolutions that I will use in every game.

Let the user see both and pick his poison. Guess its too much work to do that though.

Soldato
Am I ignoring what Ryzen owners say about the latest Intel chips in favour of the pc tech reviewers who have actually tested these chips? Yes. Yes I am.

AMD have been destroying Intel for so long now everyone is having a reeeeal hard time adjusting to Intel being back on top.

Lol. You can ignore AMD all you want, but it isn’t going to change reality.

Soldato
Then maybe you should learn to think for yourself and analyse the data reviewers are giving you. There is not a single number or result that constitutes "destroy", "crush" or "dunks" in any of Intel's performance wins. But please feel free to mindlessly parrot click-bait hyperbole, just be prepared to be called out for it.

Associate
8pack Saye a artic freezer 11 would cool good enough so hopefully my kraken z73 does a good job of cooling my 12900k.

Was looking at a be-quiet dark 4 pro, but read reviews it won't cool well enough on the 12700k and above. My case just won't take a cooler big enough and I don't really want the extra expense.

Probably going to cross fingers and AMD reduce prices.

Soldato
What's with cooler orientation? nice combo 3080 and 12600k.

So I was thinking 12900K and Ice Giant with a case that has a pair of 140mm fans in the roof.

Now I’m thinking a pair of 5950X or WRX80 systems with a pair of RX 6900XTXH cards as spite purchase to show people what crushing actually is.

Back
Top Bottom