1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Alec Baldwin fatally shoots woman with prop gun on movie set

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Le Clandestin Brun, 22 Oct 2021.

1. 200sols

Sgarrista

2. Jokester

Don

There’s definitely the potential for sabotage, some of the more militant union members will have taken a dim view of her not walking with them. Will be interesting to see how this pans out.

At the end of the day though she will have been responsible for verifying each gun was safe for what it was being used for.

3. Colonel_Klinck

Soldato

Oh but you do. If there is a thread with anything that can be linked with woke you'll be posting in it. You even managed to bring it in to the death of someone in the film industry in a terrible accident. Do you think she died because they hired someone not qualified because they were a trans black he/she gay/lesbian who identified as an inanimate object?? I mean I don't have s shred of evidence of it but you wouldn't surprised.

4. FloppyPoppy

Sgarrista

that would be inexcusable on a movie set, a firearm in the hands of civilians for instances like this shouldn’t be made ready until it’s time for the scene.

5. dowie

Capo Crimine

Ah thanks, that clarifies it.

That's a different claim... you previously claimed I bring it into everything which is clearly untrue and just some projection/hyperbole on your part.

There you go with the hyperbole again... who mentioned anything about trans, black etc..? Do you think this was a highly competent person hired for their extensive experience? Sounds like they were both inexperienced and incompetent here. Of course, Hollywood is known for being super conservative, especially Alec Baldwin, so being a bit woke isn't something that could possibly be a factor here and merely mentioning it has got you replying to object twice now.

note I offered two suggestions in the post but you only objected to one of them:

I'll throw in another possibility into the mix too after reading the below - good old fashioned nepotism:

https://metro.co.uk/2021/10/23/rust-armorer-was-new-to-job-and-worried-she-wasnt-ready-15473662/

Last edited: 23 Oct 2021
  6. jpaul

Capodecina

7. Terminal_Boy

Sgarrista

There shouldn’t have been live ammunition anywhere near the set.

8. Pottsey

Mobster

I don't get all this talk about woke, inexperience, not qualified, diversity hire and all the other nonsense like trans black he/she gay/lesbian, where is that coming from? None of that remotely applies here. Where is all that silly stuff coming from? Why would anyone even suggest she isn't qualified given who she is? Given who trained her and her past history its clear she had the job because she was a good choice for the job.

9. Dalandius

Gangster

Nor should a gun ever be pointed at someone. I though gun safety was always assume the gun is loaded?

Taking that into account why where they be standing in the line of fire when the scene was done?

10. Rroff

Man of Honour

Latest information seems to suggest that Ms Hutchins was shot in the chest and Mr Souza who was standing behind her was hit in the shoulder - either a weapon with some amount of spread or some serious debris ejected or a through and through - which would tend to indicate towards a proper bullet or a proper load on a shotgun or black powder weapon being fired.

11. Chris Wilson

Soldato

I'll be honest and admit my black sense of humour had me chortling at this news clip "The director of Rust, Joel Souza, was also injured in the incident and taken to hospital. He has since been discharged."

12. dowie

Capo Crimine

It's more competence and experience in question no? Aside from the fact that she's only just demonstrated she's incompetent she's 24 and literally suggested it herself on a podcast a month ago re: that same role on another production:

https://metro.co.uk/2021/10/23/rust-armorer-was-new-to-job-and-worried-she-wasnt-ready-15473662/
    It would be pretty shocking if there were actual live rounds and she's just left those three firearms lying around.

13. BowdonUK

Soldato

I wouldn't have thought a prop gun could have shot a real bullet.

Someone really messed up.

14. Rroff

Man of Honour

You get all sorts of guns on movie sets through from a variety of mock-up rubber/lightweight ones used for stunts, so called hero models which are usually high detail non-firing variants for close up shots and then fully functional firearms for blanks (it is difficult to fully reproduce the effect of a real gun firing with CGI) sometimes they will have blank firing attachments of varying types but not always. Then you'll get for some shots live ammo used - in theory that is supposed to be filmed separately and with a hard isolation between the regular props and the fully live weapons.

The talk coming out so far seems to suggest a failure to adhere to proper procedures from start to finish with this production.

15. Psycho Sonny

Suspended

How does that work when you are trying to make a realistic movie. The idea of John Wick having the gun pointed at his toes throughout the whole movie doesn't exactly look good IMO

16. omnomnom

Capodecina

Unless its literally at someone's head close up how often do you actually see where a gun in any film is aiming?

17. Rroff

Man of Honour

Not just firearms - Jessica Biel destroying a camera with a bow and arrow for instance.

18. C Kent

Hitman

How the **** has someone got a job involving guns when they aren't comfortable being around said weapon? Truly boggles the mind

19. Colonel_Klinck

Soldato

I think you've missed the meaning of my post. There is a group of posters on here who are slightly obsessed with "woke/wokeism" and can drag it in to just about any post. I'm not suggestion any of what you've quoted there.

20. Dis86

Suspended

Nepotism. Shagging someone. Diversity hire. Some combo thereof