Alex Jones..

Soldato
Court imposed penalties can't be included in a bankruptcy application. The court can also force the sale of assets in order to pay that penalty.

It's basically what happened to AH, being forced to sell her house etc in order to pay the damages to Depp. She'll be paying it back for decades to come as her "career" is over. She'll be flipping burgers at McDonald's for the rest of her life.

Are you being serious? She’ll be fine and all forgotten in a couple of years. Heck James Franco just got a role playing Fidel Castro in a new movie and the allegations against him were as bad if not more damning.

Soldato
Are you being serious? She’ll be fine and all forgotten in a couple of years. Heck James Franco just got a role playing Fidel Castro in a new movie and the allegations against him were as bad if not more damning.

Its the court case and falsely accusing someone that is going to hurt her going forward. Maybe she'll get A list jobs again but I wouldn't be surprised if she ended up on straight to DVD stuff.

Associate
So in summary (I haven’t been following) right wing american conspiracy nut proved to be full of it? In addition admits he doesn‘t really believe the rubbish he spits out but does it for the money?

Knock me down with a feather.
At what point does someone saying something +++++++ stupid get to back track on something like this?
Did he double and triple down stupid?

Did the plaintiffs ask for a retraction to start with and he still didn't get the hint?

Caporegime
Theres a cap of $750k on punitive damages in Texas.

So why did the judge allow it then?

I don't doubt that it might be appealed etc.. and obvs they weren't going to get the 150 million or whatever they were asking for but surely if there is a cap of 750k then that was all futile in the first place?

That pope hat guy on twitter did have some comments about it, mentioned that in California it's limited to 10% of net worth or something but he wasn't sure about Texas... though surely it can't be limited all that much, to a fixed amount in 6 figures, else the whole thing would be futile?

Soldato
So why did the judge allow it then?

I don't doubt that it might be appealed etc.. and obvs they weren't going to get the 150 million or whatever they were asking for but surely if there is a cap of 750k then that was all futile in the first place?

That pope hat guy on twitter did have some comments about it, mentioned that in California it's limited to 10% of net worth or something but he wasn't sure about Texas... though surely it can't be limited that much else the whole thing would be futile?
Just the bizarreness of the legal system.

Soldato
Soldato
Just like when Jones was banned from all Social media it made him more popular and so will this, just more publicity for him, he'll make the fines 10x over in donations and sales.

Soldato
At what point does someone saying something +++++++ stupid get to back track on something like this?
Did he double and triple down stupid?

Did the plaintiffs ask for a retraction to start with and he still didn't get the hint?

Normally I would say they should receive a cease and desist first.

However, for liars/conspiracy nuts absolutely not. Straight to justice no taking it back. They know what they are doing and do it with no regards to due process (i.e. checking facts) so judicial headshots for them all.

Back
Top Bottom