1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Alexa routine & long song titles

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by checjb, Jun 29, 2020.

1. checjb

Wise Guy

Hi,
    I'm trying to create an Alexa routine to play a particular song but I've got a brick wall. I've bought a specific track of bird song that my wife loves to go to sleep to. Unfortunately, it's got a ridiculously long track name and routines are limited to a certain number of characters and when I use the routine I get the response that she can't find the track, presumably as the titles is incomplete.
    Anyone know a way round this? Obviously, partial titles don't work, I can't see any option for wildcards, etc.
    Anyone know any tricks?

Last edited: Jun 30, 2020
  2. vertica

Wise Guy

Not sure this will work, but worth a shot as it's helped me get around odd pronunciation or long names before:

Play the track on the device by using the app on your phone. Ask the device what is playing. Note the reply. This should be the wording required to access the track directly by instruction.
    Hopefully it's shorter or clearer than what you've tried to date.

3. Simon0001

Associate

Wow she sounds oke a keeper

4. Pawnless Endgame

Capodecina

Hey Alexa, play Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious :p

5. checjb

Wise Guy

Well, like all of us, she has her flaws but at least she can compose a 6 word sentence using both grammar and correct spelling. I think I'll keep her, thanks.