Alfa Romeo Giulia GTA/M

Soldato
There must be other choices for the tyres because I regularly read (on an Alfa forum) people congratulating themselves and others for moving away from the Corsas.

And the exhaust valves I'm pretty sure I've read of being cheaply modded too.

Associate
whilst the exhaust can be missed with a controller box it doesn’t really change the issue. Guessing the mod will have warranty issues too

I read loads on the tyre issue and a lot of the better choices were slightly different sizes with people reporting rubbing etc etc. Didn’t say it could t be done, but it’s still a ball ache. Again potential warranty and insurance issues which most people could do without.

Soldato
OP
As stunning as that is, that's RIDICULOUS money for a family saloon on steroids. And with it being an Alfa it'll probably depreciate like it's on fire.

Yeah, it’s about as expensive as it could be. About 40-50% more than I was expecting.

As for holding value they will probably be the last of a kind in the motoring world.

Soldato
As stunning as that is, that's RIDICULOUS money for a family saloon on steroids. And with it being an Alfa it'll probably depreciate like it's on fire.

It's a limited run collectors car though, it was never going to be sensible money. It's for selling to people with more money than they know what to do with, like the equally expensive Project 8 and nearly as mad M4 GTS. I'd be amazed if any of them even clock over 1,000 miles in the next 10 years (press demos excluded) :p I expect most will barely turn a wheel once they've been rolled into their spot in the collection.

Man of Honour
At that kind of money it would be up against the RS7 Sportback with the R package... and as nice as that Alfa looks the RS7-R creams all over it.

Soldato
OP
It looks like Alfa Romeo have shelved the Giulia GTV. Though I think clover leaf version would have been a hand full. Shame as that was the best looking of all.

Associate
The only reliable super saloon out there is the Lexus IS-F with its tasty V8 - I would have one over anything else tbh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkZSfGeD6ko

IS-F owner here. Just wouldn't consider anything else second hand.
I love the look of the Giulia QF, and it's engine. But just know it would be a sour experience, especially stepping from the Lexus.

Associate
IS-F owner here. Just wouldn't consider anything else second hand.
I love the look of the Giulia QF, and it's engine. But just know it would be a sour experience, especially stepping from the Lexus.

Lexus and Alfa Romeo are at polar opposites for reliability - i dont want to be faffing about with a broken car so any Alfa is out of the question for me - they have come along way with quality, Alfa Romeo but Lexus are galaxies ahead of them in terms of both build quality and reliability.

Associate
To be fair, I'm not sure why the ISF gets a bad name for weight. The M3 is around 45Kg lighter, but RS4 and C63 are both heavier. The porky C63 is 165Kg heaver than the Lexus.
Certainly doesn't feel a heavy car to drive. The fatter RC-F feels really sporty and lightweight too, I was amazed when I got behind the wheel of one of those.

Back
Top Bottom