Aligning non-rotating angled fittings

Soldato
Ok, so newbie question. I've always used barbs since forever but am doing a new build with compression fittings. I've got some non-rotating 45 degree extenders that I'd like to use to straighten out some of the tubes but no matter how I screw them in, they always point in the same (wrong) direction.

Now, I know that I could have got rotating extenders but help me out here. Do I just get some extra O-rings so that the position I want happens thru changing how deep the extender goes into the block?

Or am I missing something obvious?

Soldato
OP
Ok, thanks for the feedback. I’m waiting on most of my fittings at the moment and playing with what I have.

I have managed to change the direction of a fixed 45 using a second O ring although I agree it’s less than perfect as a method. I will keep experimenting while I wait for deliveries.

Associate
Alphacool do angled extenders which are rotational by default. Have a couple with all my EK fittings - saved buying a small rotation fitting.

Soldato
Non-rotary fittings are at the mercy of how the cut threads mate up. You may get lucky, but it's safe to say you will never be able to align them the way you want.

Funnily enough, I have 2 actually perfectly aligned on my current project, but one required a tiny bit more force than I'd normally be comfortable with to get that last 5 degrees, and the other isn't quite as firm as I'd like to avoid overshooting by a couple degrees. We'll see what happens when I air test.

Back
Top Bottom