• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

£££ ALL BLACK FRIDAY GRAPHICS CARD DEALS NOW LIVE!! £££

Caporegime
There's always one Neil :D

I'm seeing posts like this a few times a week now, Gibbo can't do right for wrong!

Are we likely to see any deals on the MSI 970 GTX this side of christmas?

Absolutely no chance I am afraid.

In actual fact our landed cost has nearly increased by £10 since the first batches of stock we took simply because the pound has weakened so much. :(

We have still not put our pricing up, so no chance of it reducing I am afraid.

Even the G1 I've just purchased has dropped in price, :(

OcUK Staff
OP
Gibbo, you said that there would be no MSI deals on the 970 before christmas, now I've only just purchased a 970 G1 and it's cheaper

Upset :(

Confused. 970 G1 I said I'd see if I could knock a few quid off it and achieved it.

MSI 970 our new batch was a lot more expensive, but after crying to MSI they agreed to put the order through at a better rate for us just to cover us for Black Friday.

Caporegime
1000725_zpsf6b6c12e.jpg~original

OcUK Staff
OP

LOL.

Just passed over £100,000 in VGA sales alone today, people are all over these deals, helps the fact we have all the 9xx models in stock too as well, many of our competitors still don't even have stock.

Absolutely owned the 9xx series launch hands down, LIKE A BOSS! :D

Soldato
Gibbo for King :D real tempted to get a 3rd 980 if i could get a cheap ref version ;) however more interested in some big SSD's 4x 500GB SSD sounds sexy to replace my 128GB's

Associate
Just put my order through for the 290pcs+ OC. Great deal with 4 games. Looking forward to the upgrade from my old 6870.

I'm very tempted too, still on a GTX570, which is still just about enough for my casual gaming, but would like to go 1440p. Would this be the bang for buck card to have? (have a 750W OCZ PSU and limited budget)

Soldato
I'm very tempted too, still on a GTX570, which is still just about enough for my casual gaming, but would like to go 1440p. Would this be the bang for buck card to have? (have a 750W OCZ PSU and limited budget)

Yea there is no other card that can match the 290 on bang for buck at £200. Sell the games and you are looking at getting this card for £170. It's a hell of a lot of power for the money.

Last edited:
Associate
Which 970 should I get? Usually get ATI and Sapphire, but want a change now.

I've got an i5 2500k, a Corsair AX750 and Asrock z68 Extreme4 if that makes any difference to the GTX970 I get.

Caporegime
Which 970 should I get? Usually get ATI and Sapphire, but want a change now.

MSI 970 GTX
GIGABYTE G1 970 GTX

Two of the best and both have custom bios's for higher voltages and power limits for even more overclocking. If you got the extra dosh and space, G1 is the best option :)

Associate
MSI 970 GTX
GIGABYTE G1 970 GTX

Two of the best and both have custom bios's for higher voltages and power limits for even more overclocking. If you got the extra dosh and space, G1 is the best option :)

Money is no problem, but space, I'm not sure. There's currently 2 6950s, and my case is the Coolermaster HAF 922.

I assume no problem, but anyone know for sure, before I do buy.

Associate
It seems people prefer the custom cooled 290 to the reference 290x for an extra £10?

I'm not sure which is best? The XFX is very cheap and OCUK handle returns, people seem to prefer the Powercolor?

I currently have crossfire 280x Toxic cards, but the 280x seems a bit of a flaky card for nom-gaming and my PC spends a lot of time crashing just using windows these days - hence the need for change.

Back
Top Bottom