• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

£££ ALL BLACK FRIDAY GRAPHICS CARD DEALS NOW LIVE!! £££

Associate
Can reference blowers handle CF in a MATX setup - like the ASUS GENE where the cards are virtually touching? I've had custom cards in a GENE before and temps on top card were stupid as soon as you started gaming...

Soldato
This ^

Although I'm very tempted by the £210 290Xs.

Yea i missed that but feel i would still go for the 290 pcs oc as it comes with a core clock of 1040 which slightly negates the performance advantage of the 290x reference. Add in the slightly cheaper cost, better thermals and less noise i think the 290 will suit me better. I am more after an every day good all round card than chasing benchmarks. If i was looking to crossfire things would probably change.

Associate
Hmmm... Maybe I'll just try and get my 280X CF stable and see what the January sales bring - or what the 300 series cards can do. I hardly game anymore and am changing out of boredom more than anything.

If only I had more time.

Back
Top Bottom