1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

All in one printer/scanner

Discussion in 'Printers' started by Narj, Aug 22, 2012.

1. Narj

Capodecina

Hi chaps,

I was going to do this a while back but never got around to it.... I think it's time to retire my Canon i850 (which still works perfectly) and Epson Scanner. I'm looking for an all-in-one device and was hoping for recommendations around the £150 mark. Basically I want to make a bit of room on the desk.

I won't touch anything Epson thanks to several horiffic experiences with them in the past but am looking for sensible suggestions that won't cost a fortune in ink. :)

Any suggestions?

2. i5aces

Hitman

i have a brother MFC, i bought it from the rainforrest over a year ago, and its been really good, never had any problems with it print quality is good and not to slow.
    when i got it, i also got non-brother ink, 4 black and 2 of each colour for £10 and they seem to last ages.

3. mauserk98

Gangster

I use a Canon MP640 which replaced a 6 ink epson ,if i had too buy again it would be a Canon .

Just had a look at the PIXMA MX895 for under £150 .;)

4. Tomsk

Soldato

Have you considered a colour laser mfp?
    There are a few that are around (just above) your £150 budget.

5. Narj

Capodecina

Hrm.. how expensive is toner? I'd not expect colour laser to be any good around that sort of budget but I'm happy to be educated? :)

Cheers for input so far chaps, will have a nosey!

6. SoundsGood

Wise Guy

Lexmark X543dn, can be had for £188 new

Last edited: Aug 22, 2012
  7. Tomsk

Soldato

Laser printers won't match photo quality inkjets, but they are very good.

As for cost, toners can be expensive. Typically £45 x 3 for my HP1215, but they are rated at 1,400 pages. I can get refills for ~£20 for each colour, but I don't think I'll bother, as I don't print much. I'm actually still using the cartridges that came with the printer when I bought it 2 years ago, although they have been claiming to be empty for the last six months. I checked that the HP1215 could use refills before I bought it.
    Unlike inkjets, lasers won't dry up if they're not used for several weeks (or months).