All look good with this spec?

Associate
Just a little input if you please ;)

EK Supreme HF CPU Waterblock - Nickel Plexi
Hardware Labs Black ICE SR-1 240
Hardware Labs Black ICE GT Stealth 240
XSPC Dual 750 Bay Reservoir & Pump
Scythe Gentle Typhoon 120mm 1450 RPM - 3 Pin --OR-- Akasa Ultra quiet Viper 120mm 600-1700 RPM
Mayhems X1 UV Blue Premixed Watercooling Fluid 1L
Masterkleer Tubing PVC 7/16" ID [16/11mm] Clear/UV Blue
Silver Anti Algae Kill Coil - Pulse
OcUK 1/2" Barbed Fitting - FatBoy Style - Black Nickel Finish
XSPC Tubing Clip For 1/2" and 7/16" Hose

Total : £269.56

Any issues or comments? Im not sure on the fluid, but there isnt a huge choice really.
All going inside a CoolerMaster Storm Sniper case (probably do a build log). cooling a 2600k OC'd. Currently running on a dual fan Venom heatsink, but I feel its just not cutting it, getting over 60 pretty easy on most games.
2 Radiators because... well I want to :p 1 for outside, 1 for in. Also gives me expansion options if I decide to watercool the GPU.

Thanks in advance. This will be my first Watercool build!

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Hmm, I suppose that makes sense, didn't consider that!
Ouch on the price though! I know full well I shouldn't (and don't want to) skimp on quality, but is the pump REALLY that important?

10W Laing DDC any good?... £55 *cringe*

Associate
OP
I liked the EK block based on reviews and also the clear plexi would look sweet :)

Im really not that keen on spending £90 on a pump though. Im thinking its either this or this

Also, I really wanted compression fittings too, but if im honest the sheer amount of choice confused me :s

Last edited:
Soldato
Associate
OP
Shame theres only 2 in stock :(
But I suppose I'll get those 2, and then 6 others with barbs, since they'll be mostly out of sight anyway

Last edited:
Soldato
I liked the EK block based on reviews and also the clear plexi would look sweet :)

Im really not that keen on spending £90 on a pump though. Im thinking its either this or this

Also, I really wanted compression fittings too, but if im honest the sheer amount of choice confused me :s

Both links lead to the same pump. For what its worth the pump you've linked to is fine. I'd still recommend biting the bullet and getting the absolutely best pump you can afford. It always pays off in the end. Now that I've hopefully dissuaded you from buying that XSPC pump/res combo you'll also need to fork out for a reservoir. :p

Back
Top Bottom