All New Summer 2008 Transfer Merry Go Round/Rumour Mill

Soldato
Steven Appiah is a free agent at the moment - could be a transfer coup for backup purposes? :)

Hands off him, Arsenal need someone to play in Midfield who isn't a teenage :p

i thought we should have gone for him a couple of seasons ago, now i'm not so sure.

as for Ronnie i think he's worth the gamble....even with 1 1/2 knees and 30lbs of fat he's better and will score more goals than most forwards playing these days.

he's the original and BEST ronaldo :)

Last edited:
Associate
OP
If Ronaldo can prove his fitness and lose his extra weight he would make an excellent signing. He is a player of World Class calibre and you dont lose that ability, and for free as well.

Soldato
If Ronaldo can prove his fitness and lose his extra weight he would make an excellent signing. He is a player of World Class calibre and you dont lose that ability, and for free as well.

He'd definately be a good signing, the problem is when will he be fully fit again and what state will he be in then?

Isn't that knee injury he suffered, the second or third time he's had that problem now?

He's probably got another season or two in him but he wouldn't be somebody who's going to play 30+ games per season... He'd be an impact player off the bench more likely.

Man of Honour
Chelsea have signed the 33yr old Brazilian midfielder Mineiro until the end of the season.
Never heard of him before to be honest and but we needed someone in that position as cover due to Essien's long term injury.

Permabanned
Chelsea have signed the 33yr old Brazilian midfielder Mineiro until the end of the season.
Never heard of him before to be honest and but we needed someone in that position as cover due to Essien's long term injury.

I was reading about him the other day

Hes Brazilian, Knows Scolari very well, in to replace Essien, perfect squad player, scored against Liverpool in the world club championship

Thats about it really :D

Last edited:
Man of Honour
No kids you could promote?

Not in that position and we've only got a kid (Mikel) there at the moment anyway so some experienced cover is needed.
He failed a trial at Arsenal a few weeks ago, surprised he's good enough for Chelsea if he isn't good enough for Arsenal

We need someone and a free agent is our only option at the moment and I'm sure he'll be good enough for the 'lesser' games so Mikel can be saved for the bigger ones.

Back
Top Bottom