** ALL NEW (WITH RULES) Summer Transfer Window 2012/2013 Season Rumours/Signings **

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
QPR have done better than Manchester United in this transfer window with those CMs they've signed :(:mad:!!!!!!!

Look at that Southampton have signed a CM, god dammit they had a better transfer window than us :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:!!!

Way to prove my point that the only thing you contribute to this forum is snidey remarks. And to think you called me a retard :o

Caporegime
The minus figure doesn't bother me at all. With wise spending I'm more than happy with the out going versus the incoming. It's the nature of our finances. You can bet if any of our forwards have a stunning season they will be moving on for 20m next season. If it takes shipping our an average player like Rodwell for decent money to finance it so be it. As Azza said better him than any of the 10 players in the squad better than him ;)

I think the club did some really good business for the short and long term with what they bought. It remains to be seen how Moyes sets them up with more attacking options but I don't feel so sore about losing Cahill.

And now the waiting game to see when / if he will sign a new contract.

Associate
I do like how everyone thinks Sinclair is a trade down from Johnson. You will all be surprised. I am sure people know I am a huge fan of Johnson, even had a picture of him as my sig for a while. He has really fallen away recently and it isn't through lack of playing.

Really glad Adam Johnson has signed for us. Always rated him highly. A fully firing Johnson is way better than Sinclair, it's not even close.

Johnson can do what he likes off the field, I hope he never tracks back, had plenty of those types over the years at Sunderland. Just want him to show his class in the final third and he'll become a legend up here.

I do think Man city's signings are uninspired to say the least. Seems to me they're weaker than last year. Hope I'm wrong. Really like city and glad they won the league last year.

Soldato
Really glad Adam Johnson has signed for us. Always rated him highly. A fully firing Johnson is way better than Sinclair, it's not even close.

Johnson can do what he likes off the field, I hope he never tracks back, had plenty of those types over the years at Sunderland. Just want him to show his class in the final third and he'll become a legend up here.

I do think Man city's signings are uninspired to say the least. Seems to me they're weaker than last year. Hope I'm wrong. Really like city and glad they won the league last year.

Bloody Sunderland fans, John O'Shea would be ashamed :mad:

;) :D

Caporegime
And now the waiting game to see when / if he will sign a new contract.

He's probably dizzy from all the transfer activity and having more than 3p to spend! I just hope this year they can find someone to sort out the debt, but I'd rather Moyes keeps buying as he has than try to spend 20m on players because that's not his strength at all.

@Azza and Danny

Interesting, thanks :)
Can't wait to see the line ups to see if we are actually going to go at sides now. Well the ones out of the top 4-6 anyway :D

Soldato
time for a reality check at spurs.

modric was a one off, always going to go.

VDV legend, adored the bloke but he hasn't gone cheap, couldn't play a full 90, couldn't track back and wanted to be closer to his wife.

sig, vert, dembele, lloris, dempsey. plus extensions for defoe and lennon is very productive work. ok, would've been nicer if we'd cut the bill more but we still have depth and lots of goals in us from other sources than manu and defoe.

moutinho was a little bit of a case of delusions of grandeur. i had hoped we'd get him and we were very close. we can move on with this team now and still have money to spend should we need to in january.

Caporegime
Wonder what our actual net spend is since FSG has arrived and their unwillingnes to match 6 million for Dempsey or higher, I'll give it next summer before I'm seriously panicing but at that point it could be too late.

Caporegime
Wonder what our actual net spend is since FSG has arrived and their unwillingnes to match 6 million for Dempsey or higher, I'll give it next summer before I'm seriously panicing but at that point it could be too late.
H&G nearly ruined the club and FSG came in and saved us from administration. They shot their load last summer and it was completely wasted so we're now spending within our means to keep the books balanced.

Caporegime
Exactly. Can hardly blame them when at least £75m has been wasted and now pretty much reduced to zero value.

Well if the net spend is pretty low its not exactly much out of their pocket, anyone got actual figures? (Also considering how much they've lowered the wage bill too.)

Caporegime
Also need to consider we don't have the money from the Champions League so unless people want us to do a Leeds or Portsmouth spending within our means is unfortunately the best policy for sustaining the future of the club.

Soldato
time for a reality check at spurs.

modric was a one off, always going to go.

VDV legend, adored the bloke but he hasn't gone cheap, couldn't play a full 90, couldn't track back and wanted to be closer to his wife.

sig, vert, dembele, lloris, dempsey. plus extensions for defoe and lennon is very productive work. ok, would've been nicer if we'd cut the bill more but we still have depth and lots of goals in us from other sources than manu and defoe.

moutinho was a little bit of a case of delusions of grandeur. i had hoped we'd get him and we were very close. we can move on with this team now and still have money to spend should we need to in january.

So basically we got worse than last season but it is not as bad as it could be? That makes me upset

Given that we were found wanting last season and have already dropped points this season, it look like top 4 is beyond our reach already unless AVB can make up the difference in quality i.e. worse squad but much better manager.

Much as I hope AVB is a super genius, I would have preferred our chances of CL not to rest on his ability to make things better and instead have strengthened the squad which we quite obviously have not.

Dembele is not as good as Modric
Dempsey and Siggy are not as good as VdV
Lloris is roughly equivalent to Brad but younger.

We have more options but of less quality, which is EXACTLY what we were cursed with in the early 2000s. Jol started building with real quality and we have steadily marched on from there.

This is a huge step backwards unless AVB is a genius.

edit- it is not like we didnt see this coming either. Modric was screaming to get out, VdV was loyal but made a murmur about really wanting to be with his wife. We had the whole summer to plan for this and massively dropped the ball. I have been screaming "in Levy we trust" but on this occasion I predict ultimate failure. I would obviously love to be proven wrong though.

edit 2- the other thing that needs to be considered is that we have effectively ripped out the midfield creativity of the team entirely. The changes have been done at the last minute with important games already upon us. We have essentially a whole new centre midfield setup. The manager has had no time to gel them or get them playing and there are no "old" players left to brief the new players or help them integrate. Unfortunately for AVB he is staking his managerial career on a team of players who do not know how to play with each other.

Last edited:
Soldato
there's no point trying to compare modric or VDV to a new signing. even if we'd have signed moutinho, you can't compare him to modric.

dempsey is proven, £6m, he could provide the finishing we've been missing. modric and VDV were great but they played their part in just as many defeats as they did victories due to lack of goals and inability to get stuck in.

we've still got money to spend. we'll see what happens in january but for now, let's just back the team.

Associate
He's probably dizzy from all the transfer activity and having more than 3p to spend! I just hope this year they can find someone to sort out the debt, but I'd rather Moyes keeps buying as he has than try to spend 20m on players because that's not his strength at all.

Interesting, thanks :)
Can't wait to see the line ups to see if we are actually going to go at sides now. Well the ones out of the top 4-6 anyway :D

Can only see moyes picking a 4-4-1-1 formation against all teams tbh.

Soldato
there's no point trying to compare modric or VDV to a new signing. even if we'd have signed moutinho, you can't compare him to modric.

dempsey is proven, £6m, he could provide the finishing we've been missing. modric and VDV were great but they played their part in just as many defeats as they did victories due to lack of goals and inability to get stuck in.

we've still got money to spend. we'll see what happens in january but for now, let's just back the team.

I dont believe you can find Modric and VdV mk2, but there needed to be a backup plan properly executed. If you lose 2 world class players, you need 2 world class players in their place. We have not done that. We got 3 average t to good players. I would put VdV and Modric as being blameless in our defeats. the pair of them were the ones lifting us to more victories than contributing to defeats. It is like saying that because Arsenal were poor it didnt matter that they lost Fabregas/Nasir/Henry etc.

Where does Dempsey play? he is certainly not the spear head of a front 3. He plays off players. What happens if Ade gets injured? Are we going to play a false number 9?

We already need to be putting points on the board and this midfield has never played together before. How long does it take for a new team to gel? 5-6 games? We we dropped points in the first two matches and we are about to watch a team trying to start playing together for the next 5-6 matches. That is 24 points we have gambled for £40m

Edit- I will absolutely back the team but I am fairly expectant of a disaster of a season and then a slow decline back into mid table. This is our watershed moment and we look to have completely blown it

Soldato
well, if we line up like this and we 'click' when all are available and fully fit, we have the makings of a great team

Bale Adebayor Dempsey

Sigurdsson

Sandro Dembele

Assou-Ekotto Kaboul Vertonghen Walker

Lloris

that's with defoe, parker, lennon, caulker, livermore, friedel. on the bench. chuck in jenas and bentley for depth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom