1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

alliance between Islamist type of politics and the left.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by LabR@t, Feb 10, 2019.

1. Johno please?

Mobster

Yea, only constant terror attacks carried out by its followers on a weekly basis somewhere around the globe but yea Islam is fine.

The left and Islam isn't new, Hitchens dismantles those types of people pretty easily.

2. Usher

Mobster

War criminal Blair should butt out, after his last incorrect warning of weapons of mass destruction that left thousands of innocent people dead he has the nerve to start and run the 'Tony Blair institute for global change'

You can blame this man personally for his now infamous 'Britain is an open door' which invited all of Europe to come here which without a shadow of doubt contributed to the anti EU vote

Also his calling for another referendum is anti democratic which ever way you look at it.

3. stockhausen

Capodecina

Too right. Every time that evil liar opens his gob he gains further support for the Brexiteers. At least "Call me Dave" has the decency to hide under a stone.

4. RDM

Capodecina

Not really sure that more voting is anti-democratic...

We do, after all, have more information to vote on than we did originally. The only reason you would fear another referendum is if you feel that it might give another (democratically decided) decision.

5. LabR@t

Sgarrista

Best out of 3 then?

6. RDM

Capodecina

Sure. Especially with something so important.

7. LabR@t

Sgarrista

Actually best out of 5, you know to maje sure.

8. Chojin

Wise Guy

Not to mention his poodling up to Bush after 9/11 and basically inviting 7/7. He should stay out of this, same goes to John Major.

9. Irish_Tom

Capodecina

Identity politics and intersectionalism often throw up dichotomies that are hard to resolve.

‘The Left’ support Muslims in western countries because they are seen as a persecuted minority (let’s not get into a debate about defining racism and Muslim).

However, ‘The Left’ also tend to support women’s rights and LGBT rights, which most Muslims are against, certainly the latter.

Now, most western Muslims aren’t actively calling for the stoning to death of homosexuals (although some may privately condone it). So ‘The Left’ say “we support these Muslims, but not those Muslims” and this is where identity politics ties itself in knots.

Having said that, this thread beautifully illustrates how convenient identity politics can be when it supports your position. ;)

10. Irish_Tom

Capodecina

We’ve already had two — best of three only seems fair.

11. LabR@t

Sgarrista

No one was to join the common market.
    One to the leave the EU.

Totally different entities, hence why we are leaving.

12. Irish_Tom

Capodecina

;)

13. Diddums

Capodecina

And what? Lobotomise myself and join your RSS circles?

14. LabR@t

Sgarrista

Glad we agree that the EU is not what we signed up for, no one voted for political/fiscal union.

15. Irish_Tom

Capodecina

I’m not going to help you turn this into a Brexit thread and get it closed.

Reply to my other post if you want more input from me.

16. Roar87

Soldato

Yes we supported the US after 9/11, they actually invoked article 5 of the NATO treaty, plus we should back the US if they're attacked in all circumstances as they're our closest ally bar none. How did we invite 7/7 exactly? Incoming apologist speech.

17. Minusorange

Mobster

[​IMG]

18. Eurofighter

Wise Guy

As someone on the left I don’t much like religion and am an atheist but freedom of religion is important, but I wouldn’t let any religious beliefs influence policy and ideally religion shouldn’t be part of the Government.

It’s the right that love religion, thanks to them and their policies there is more religious programming on radio 4.

19. Chojin

Wise Guy

Sure Article 5 was invoked but following 9/11 Tony Blair seemed to revel in it, and threw the UK into the firing line by portraying the UK like it was the 51st state or something. Do you think backing the US into Afghanistan and Iraq was a good idea? I'm all for sharing intelligence with allies, but given the difference in military budgets, the US could handle themselves.

20. mmj_uk

Capodecina

This is why todays left and Islam are allied, both are authoritarians. The left want a big government that monitors and controls every aspect of peoples lives, they treat people as groups instead of individuals because they are collectivists and don't believe in individualism which is what the UK (Magna Carta) and particularly the US (Bill of Rights) was all about, in other words the actual freedom loving 'west' before a post WW2 liberated Europe got thrown in with us before they/we were gobbled up by the EU.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 11, 2019
  21. jsmoke

Soldato

People don't know what they have till it's gone. People complain about the 'religous right' and I'm sure there are some nutters/false teachers however, get rid of them and will be replaced by some other group, always have a heirarchy, always have people in power, just depends who.