1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

alliance between Islamist type of politics and the left.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by LabR@t, Feb 10, 2019.

1. LabR@t

Sgarrista

Sorry, I just spat my dinner everywhere.
    Saudis are behind most of it, financial or otherwise.

2. Pudney

Soldato

Which is why no country operates using pure direct democracy.

3. BowdonUK

Wise Guy

I thought Switzerland had a form of direct democracy?

4. Angilion

Man of Honour

umm, why on Earth would they stop blowing stuff up? The whole point of Islam is gaining power by fear and force, that's what it was created for. Without effective internal conflict within Islam, we would have a world war and we would probably lose. Then everyone would lose apart from a tiny elite of the most brutal, violently sociopathic people who would be the ones who ended up with all the power in a global authoritarian state because they'd be the people who would take the power. It wouldn't be ordinary muslims who ended up in power - they would just be a tool used by those people and they'd be oppressed too. An utterly authoritarian ideology that succeeds creates an utterly authoritarian state and power will end up in the hands of those who take it by force and use it oppressively.

5. Pudney

Soldato

It does have semi-direct democracy, and a couple of their cantons have an even "purer" form of direct democracy. But even they still elect officials to represent them, because people generally have better things to do with their lives than decide everything!