Alloy Wheel Cleaner?

Soldato
Sonax Wheel Cleaner is good.

However in classic fashion, the best one i've found so far is the cheap stuff by Astonish that they sell at cheap shops in the opaque black sprays, called "Tar and glue remover". It's about a quid a bottle and works fantastically.

Soldato
The last half litre of Bilberry will be finished soon I guess so will try out IronX!

Iron X isn't a wheel cleaner though. I love Iron x for what it does on wheels that haven't been clean in a looooong time or heavy embedded brake dust but if the wheels are cleaned reasonable regularly and sealed then you shouldn't need anything strong. On a maintenance wash I spray my weels with ValetPro Citrus pre wash @ 10:1 when I am pre washing the car, bit of work with wheels brushes and they are spotless.

Caporegime
One of the best alloy wheel cleaners I've found is a high pressure steam cleaner although the one we use at work for cleaning truck chassis etc will take the wheel back to metal, never mind remove the dust!! :D

I've tried wonder wheels in the past and wasn't very impressed, TFR (traffic film remover) as used to wash commercial vehicles is very good but by god it burns!

Permabanned
What I sometimes wonder about doing is buying a seperate snowfoam lance and using billberry or similar in it just to snowfoam the wheels - because from experience the billberry etc never gets into all the nooks and crannys.

Soldato
What's best for the inside of a wheel, that I can buy tomorrow in-store, not online. I used to use Shinearama in Manchester but they closed a while ago, not sure if there are any other good car care shops in/around Manchester?

Back
Top Bottom