Alpenfohn Ben Nevis Advanced on Asus ROG Strix B350F not mounting

Suspended
Hi all,

I am reaching out to see if anyone has had a similar issue.

I recently purchased the MB and the cooler mentioned above, links below:

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/asus...ocket-am4-ddr4-atx-motherboard-mb-69v-as.html

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/alpenfohn-ben-nevis-advanced-cpu-cooler-130mm-hs-058-al.html

Now, if you look on the pictures of the MB, you will see two black mounting rails for an aircooler on either side of the CPU. These are for the retention clips to hold the cooler in place.

However, whilst I can get one clip onto a mount, the width between them makes it too tight to mount the other side. The cooler comes with the AM4 adaptor plate pre-installed so I haven't fitted the incorrect one.I have had to resort to unscrewing the mounts and fitting the stock cooler into the holes in the MB.

That in and of itself was an issue because the screws initially seemed too short and if I put a turn on one corner, the diagonal screw would not seat. I had to really push it down hard to get the screw to go into the hole. I did manage this eventually though and the stock Wraith in is place.

I did notice that the MB had Foxconn printed on near the CPU and remember reading there was an issue with Threadripper MB with a Foxconn mounting plate or bracket.

So, has anyone got either of the above items and had any issues with them. Any advice would be welcome as I don't want to break the MB or CPU by applying too much pressure to mount.

Thanks

Suspended
OP
Bump.

Let me ask it another way. Has anyone got the Asus ROG Strix B350 F and mounted an aftermarket aircooler onto it using the two mounting rails? If so, which one did you get?

I don't want to send back the cooler if I can use it but at the moment it is useless. As mentioned, if I attach one of the clips to the mount, the entire cooler is canted over at a 45 degree angle and I feel that to get the other side to clip I would need to exert excessive force probably resulting in cracking either the CPU or MB or both. I know the fit has to be tight to ensure good pressure but this is way over the "tight" margin.

I would literally need someone to hold the one clip in place whilst using two hands to force the remaining retention clip over the mount. Surely, it shouldn't be so hard.

TIA

Soldato
Might have to contact their customer service or OCUK about RMA . Might just be a bad patch or their customer service can offer advise on fittings.

Swap for Bequiet / Phanteks / cryorig . Believe bequiet have bracket in box but doesn't state it on website here , Phanteks need a to order a bracket :/ and same with cryorig
Noctua is another cracker but again, need to order bracket

Suspended
OP
Should be no more dificult than this.

It should be. I was going to post this video.

If you look, I can couple one of those brackets but the cooler cants way over to that side and the second then didn't touch the remaining bracket.

He makes it look easy. I am having to use two hands to try get the cooler to lean over and it feels like the CPU/MB is flexing too much and will snap

Back
Top Bottom