1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Altcoin speculation thread Mk2

Discussion in 'Crypto Currency & Mining' started by kindai, Nov 18, 2017.

1. Flaevius

Gangster

I hope so!

Scored a bullseye on this. Put in my largest investment yet on the 14th during the downturn, and by the time it hit Coinify's accounts today I'd nabbed an extra ~20% on the rate. Couldn't have been any happier to see the sea of reds today, time to go a'hunting.

2. ORLY

Associate

Pick up some BAT if it goes down to 31-40c or ZRX if it goes below $1. Will easily double your money on ZRX and maybe even same on BAT... but its more of a long term hold. Getting anythink higher than 72c on BAT is a bit of reach at the moment. Once BTC pops to 30K+... Bat will moon.

Siacoin seems like such a bargin at 4c. And Salt at $8.17 seems too good to be true, given that its been rolling around at $14... and has a retail value of $28 wen it comes to paying back the lending. Ahhh its way to much fun right now.

I can't believe Neblio was down to $14.17 today and I didn't catch it. Man, sleeping is for chumps.

3. Minusorange

Mobster

Waves and Ark both seem very tempting to add onto my holdings at current prices, ADA looks good too, will wait until tomorrow before deciding to pull the trigger as things could go lower

4. Minusorange

Mobster

This is difficult trying to decide whether to buy BTC at $9k to $10k and hold or buy the same amount but put it in some more of the alts mentioned, not sure which will yield the better result

5. ubersonic

Capodecina

It is, going to be much higher in a few months time.

6. Fairly sure the answer is no

Sgarrista

Where can you buy it from?

7. rojones

Hitman

In relation to Siacoin. Is the release of these Bitmain A3's on the market going to not dump the value down in the not so distant future?

8. ubersonic

Capodecina

I dunno, was going to try and buy some from Poloniex last night but they've disabled it ATM.

You mean like DASH and LTC are now worthless because of the D3 and L3+? :p

NB: The above is rhetorical, those ASICs boosted the prices of those coins just like this will most likely do to SIA.

9. rojones

Hitman

Okay i have no idea re these ASIC miners but reading over on the bitcoin forums people moaning about it. But like you i then looked at Dash and thought the same.

10. Flaevius

Gangster

Bittrex.

You can also sign up to Abucoins and take advantage of the low liquidity and the fact that, anytime the Bittrex Sia wallet goes down for maintenance (frequently!) or the Sia blockchain is on a go-slow, the variation in the rate is enough that you can make a nice little profit. If you have patience to get it back to Bittrex.

11. The Chemist

Hitman

12. ORLY

Associate

I was mulling over the same thing today, going to hold BTC until some more positive news hits RE lightening network. I'm pretty sure BTC will x3-x5 once word gets around about lightening nodes. Pulling historic open close data from coin market cap atm to see how long it took ETH/LTC to catch up after BTC 5x'd last year, i'm pretty sure theres like a way to time it where you can go BTC->ETH->LTC->Alts and catch a spike on all 3 and then play with some alts for fun where everyone without a plan is fomo'ing into BTC from alts.

I watched a vid saying the same about library credits as well in the same context as sc

Last edited: Jan 17, 2018
  13. The Chemist

Hitman

I've loaded up on Wabi, although I think it faces strong competition in the field vs Walton and Vechain

14. Minusorange

Mobster

See that's what I was thinking but while BTC has potential to 5x, everything else has a chance of going 10x to 100x going off market cap but while I can't make my mind up I'm not going to do anything until I've seen a little more stability in prices over the next few days as I'm still not sure if we're going to see another dip before we go onwards to $25k+ and my only rule is to never invest when I have uncertainty

15. uncle_rufus

Mobster

The planets aligned yesterday for me with my cash arriving just in time to buy in at (what is currently looking like it might be) the bottom of the dip :) finally got a slightly more diversified portfolio as well - BTC, ETH, XLM, FUN, XRP, ZEC and XVG... Don't anticipate making many movements in the near future, just sitting back and watching what happens next

16. A.N.Other

Sgarrista

So are we going up again so quickly? Place bets now :p

17. XeNoN89

Sgarrista

Today looks a lot better :)

[​IMG]

18. Mattyjw

Hitman

I think we may be at the mercy of hedge funds and futures manipulation, going forward unless the market proves to be far more resilient than i think it is. Still money to be made on the right plays though.

19. ORLY

Associate

yeah agreed, but I'm a pretty firm believer that bitcoin pops first and then everything else catchs up (consolidation) so there is nothing stopping you catching a few waves if do your research and have a set strategy for whats coming

Yeah the hedge funds / fugtures are scary but their biggest weakness is the same problem with the banking system; peoples greed. They'll get gready and go long instead of short as they can make more money that way, its no coincidence that btc is the cheapest u can find it on Tuesday and this week all the merican banksters get paid their bonuses so they get to buy discounted btc before a moon shot in feb!!

20. wnb

Mobster

Any thoughts on Tron? I bought some before the dip and if I sell now I would make a penny on each onw. Hold or sell?