1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Altcoin speculation thread Mk2

Discussion in 'Crypto Currency & Mining' started by kindernotasurprise, Nov 18, 2017.

1. neoboy

Capodecina

The trick is to forget about them as soon as you dump 'em ;)

Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
  2. ugly ferret

Hitman

Hahaha, good advice!

Are we talking about coins??:p

3. Th0nt

Soldato

I thought he was on about the kids during the week..

4. DriveCancel

Gangster

Think so too, I respect Jun from Omise a lot and that TEPCO partnership + another announcement next month got me to put skin in the game

Being actually in Japan I might get a better deal on electric someday if this takes off! lol, then again... if it takes off I'll be on Mars

5. One Vision

Hitman

Yeah i was in the ICO, got myself just over 50k of Electrify. It will take off they have a great team, real world use and have partners signed and more incoming. Tefood is another which is great.

6. DriveCancel

Gangster

Got a total of 10,100 ELEC now, 107 OMG, 555 ICX and 250 CRED (mistakes were made)

Have some more that has been mined but not added to my portfolio, those are the main things I have though

7. Th0nt

Soldato

Hey DC, have you noticed any patterns living in a different timezone for crypto?

When I say this, the last time I checked it seems to be when the US comes online the pumps build up all day then dumps occur most.

8. imginy

Mobster

I would also like to know what times crypto market moves.

I don't pay much attention to it I just check the market once a day see if it's gone up or down.

9. Jony27

Soldato

Missed out on the XLM gains, had my buy order set to 0.152 cents and the lowest it got to was 0.154 :'(
    Would've been some nice gains but ah well.

10. DriveCancel

Gangster

To be honest, not really, but I will tell you that until the Great Bear Market of 2018, BTC and ETH were both trading a fair amount higher over here in Japan. To the point that I was able to buy in the UK and flip it for profit over here. Not a huge amount after fees, but still.

At the moment, the prices are basically the same which is unfortunate lol.

11. mymorph

Hitman

And steller just keeps going!

12. uncle_rufus

Mobster

Indeed! I wonder how much longer for though...

13. mymorph

Hitman

IBM lead sponser for blockchain conference in NY. Mid may. It'll go crazy then .sell 3rd week May is my hest guess.

14. ugly ferret

Hitman

Arrrgh, I was eying up stellar a couple of days ago for a nice flip.... went for BNB instead. I made the wrong choice hahaha. Literally gone in opposite directions.

Sold half my OMG the other day for 30% profit and sent the ETH other to Kucoin to buy HPB after it's nice dip, still ain't pinged my buy in price after 2 days of waiting so might just buy at current prices after getting bored of waiting for 2 days. At least the price has stabilised so hopefully won't dump further after I buy in. Learnt to try and avoid catching the falling knife, even if it means buying in at a marginally higher price. Drunk a bottle of wine tonight so will probably do some drunk buying soon.....

Closed my WAN position for about 2% profit cus it doesn't seem to be doing much and want to free up some ETH to buy back the OMG I sold at the lower price it is now...... or maybe rebuy WAN if it drops back to were it's been the last few days. Leaning towards OMG tho.

15. mymorph

Hitman

you gotta watch drunk buying... buts its sucha good idea - at the time....
    ARK is also on my list, but cant fund everything... currently taking a gamble on buying into Tbar whilst its cheap.

Dropil update: 2 nd cycle on aggresive mode complete. 4.2% payout (15day) reinvested into next cycle.

drop token struggling for volume & price on Tidex - but this has the unusual advantage of getting paid more of the low value drops - when price rises, bigger gains. i hope!

reffer a friend bonus of $5 (approx 1200 drops) on offer currently

Last edited: Apr 18, 2018
  16. Flaevius

Gangster

It's been a frustrating week overall.

I've slowly sold out all my holdings on Bittrex into BTC, but most of the alts have subsequently driven up well beyond the sell; after a good few weeks building coins across the board, I'm now out of position; SALT and NEO aren't too far outside my buys, but it could be a while before I'm back into Sia or Coval. Annoyingly sold a good chunk of Sia at only 164 while making a few trades whilst it was flat and didn't get back in.

In the meantime, I've moved my ICO Cashaa over to HitBTC and have topped that up with the funds from the Sia sale to get a bit of action; it's been happily yo-yoing 50-70 sats due to small volumes. I've added around 70% to my original ICO stock in 2 days, able to get in at (for example) 432 and out at low 500s. It can take a while for trades to hit, but its relatively consistent. Hopefully make a bit before shifting back over to Bittrex when some of my intended rebuys re-enter the ballpark.

17. Flaevius

Gangster

*double

18. Bigpops

Mobster

I keep forgetting about Stellar. It's always going down and up pretty wildly (in a wide time frame), but when it comes to buying, I never remember to have a look at the price.

This week I pulled out of my latest ADA purchase at $0.25 (bought at $0.16) after finding out you can't withdraw ADA from Gate.io, so there was no point keeping it as the growth seemed to have stopped. I also sold 50% of the ZIL position I had, also for about 40% profit.
    I shipped some of it over to Binance and bought some WAN at 69100sats after seeing it sit quite stationary for a few days, and it's already up over 4%. I spent the rest on SWH which I immediately moved to my Neo wallet. Switcheo seems to be doing quite well, volume wise, for a brand new DEX. I only bought a very small amount, so I'll probably just leave them in the wallet rather than look to actively trade them.

For the future, I'm looking to get some more Zilliqa if it pulls back a bit. ICX I need to get back in on, but that's shot up today so not buying now. EOS, I want more of, but again, it's had a massive run up, and unless I can pick another bottom, I'll just hold what I got. Ethos I'm still looking at. It's still really low compared to its all time high, and if the wallet takes off and makes it relavitely painless for newbs to buy their own crypto, they could be another Coinbase, if not better.

19. ugly ferret

Hitman

Yeah xlm seems decent, ripple without the ****. Still wouldn't long term hold it but the whole ibm thing and it's volatility make it a decent trading coin. Big cap but still a bit of an upside if you consider where ripple is.

Good shout to cash is in on ADA, due a pull back and better things to put money on.

Interested in ZIL, need to look at the charts but dismissed it as overpriced considering it's recent pump. On my radar though. Anything with proven high tps is peaking my interest, think this will be really important in the future. Also why I'm itching to get in on HPB (30,000 transactions per second on testnet) and why NEO is my biggest holding at about 30% of my portfolio......

20. One Vision

Hitman

Switcheo is going to the moon. If this hits just $1 in future i will make well over $200k
    Qtum and ERC tokens added in Q3 and Q4 so in a BULLRUN $1 should be a breeze especially as market cap is so low hence people buying it all up.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2018 at 8:53 AM