Alternate Head Pillow for Noblechairs

Associate
Hi all.

I recently purchased the noblechairs Hero Black Edition. It only arrived today so I'm definitely in the posture adjustment phase currently but it seems like a really solid chair so far. I'm coming from a 7 year old dxracer and the main difference I've noticed (other than the posture adjustment, build quality and better materials etc) is the fact that the base isn't nearly as deep. I'd say there is a good inch between the end of the base and the back of my knee whereas the racer used to tuck right in there. Not necessarily a negative, but between the different design and much harder cushioning (7 years of my fat ass took its toll on the racer) its a big change.

The one thing that is bothering me though, the thing that I don't think I will get used to and won't soften up is the head pillow. Its wayyyy too firm and thick. I've toyed with the idea of opening it up and pulling some stuffing out, but I think that's a drastic step on day one. I remember reading some had bought alternatives and wondered if anyone had any links or recommendations? Memory foam has got to be the way to go surely?

Associate
I just got my Hero today and I love it. I don't expect I'll use the head pillow, but after reading your post I thought I'd give it a try. I must admit I see what you mean. For me, the firmness isn't too much of an issue, but I think it's definitely too thick. If it were 2/3 the thickness I think it would be perfect. The only head pillows that I know of that would "work out the box" are the Secretlab pillows (that said there are probably loads of others out there, I just haven't found them lol). The thing is I'm not sure if they are softer or thinner. I did notice that they do a memory foam one and that might be better, but at £37 plus delivery it's a bit of a risky purchase.

[a few hours later...]
So, I thought I'd stick with using the head pillow for a while and although I still find it a little thick, I'm finding it better. So, either
i) I've got used to the firmness/thickness of the pillow
ii) the memory foam in the headrest has compressed a bit
iii) the pillow has compressed a bit
iv) a mix of the above

OcUK Staff
The pillows soften up over time, I have used many of the chairs and they are hard to begin with, but just keep using it and eventually it will feel just right. :)

Back
Top Bottom