Alternative to the motherboard GA-AB350M-gaming 3 needed asap

Associate
The motherboard I was using had to be sent back to the manufacturer for repair and as it can take up to 28 days to get it back, I need a replacement as I use that pc for work and gaming (both in part tied together). The build is for a Ryzen 5 1500x with 8gb ram; any options not to be over £100 and this newer board will become the main board while the old one will be used as a backup.

TY in advance

Associate
Hello Old Man, do you have the RMA number we issued, it should never take this long. We normally process RMA's in 5-7 days as Orbitalwalsh has just said, please let me know the RMA number and I will look into this for you ASAP.

Associate
OP
Hello Old Man, do you have the RMA number we issued, it should never take this long. We normally process RMA's in 5-7 days as Orbitalwalsh has just said, please let me know the RMA number and I will look into this for you ASAP.

Hi

Ty for all of the help regarding my query. The RMA is 332972.

:)

Associate
Hi again,

Where did you get that RMA number from, it's not one of ours. Did you return this to someone other than GIGABYTE directly?
If you let us know we can try and track the board for you.

Associate
OP
Hello,

To clarify, I had to send basically all the items I ordered from Overclockers back to them, this being two sticks of Corsair ram, a Ryzen 1500x CPU and the GA-AB350M motherboard that needs repair. we were unable to find what was causing the fault for the PC not to post and not until we took all the new parts out did the system fully boot again. Overclockers advised that we send everything back and from what they found, only the motherboard might be at fault so they sent the ram and CPU back to us and sent the motherboard to you.

The number I have posted is the same number I received from Overclockers, the only problem might be that this is the same number for the other Items that I had to send back as well. The only other number I can find in the E-mails I have received is 5206597 but I don't think this will help as that should just be the number for what has been sent back to me.

What would you advise at this time?

TY

OcUK Staff
Hey there

I have spoken to Gigabyte about this and I will as a good will gesture replace it with a brand new board for you today which will be with you Monday

I hope this helps

Bailey

Associate
OP
Hello,

Thank you so much for sending a replacement, it will help a great deal as I can get back to work.

EDIT: Sorry to pose this question, since this will be a brand new motherboard, I will have to reinstall windows OS correct? I am asking as I am wondering if it is possible to still boot up from the OS I have installed on my SSD that I had been running on the old motherboard of the same type before the error happened.

TY

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom