1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Alton towers - Best to get fast track tickets?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mad_Jay, Jun 12, 2008.

1. Mad_Jay

Wise Guy

My college has arranged a trip to Alton Towers on the 25th of June.

Do you think its a good idea to get fast track tickets? I've never been before so I dont know what its like.

The schools havnt broke up yet so hopefully theres not to many kids around, but it is summer so it might be busy.

Anyone here been before? Any tips to spend the day there?

2. Morba

Caporegime

if you go on a busy day then yes it would be worth it. waiting for near on 2 hours is not unusual!

3. [TR]SweetSpotOz

Soldato

I've been to Alton Towers twice and never queued for more than 10 minutes for a ride.

Just don't go when there are holidays.

4. Kol

Don

I went last Wednesday, so no kids. It was full of student slackers like me and plenty of chavs! We got in about 10am I believe and went to Nemesis. There were no queues whatsoever. Towards mid day it got very busy. They closed a number of rides to anyone else queuing as the queues were so huge. Go on the big rides first thing. We did Oblivion several times too, somehow the queue system was screwed. We started in the single rider queue but instead this just somehow turned into the other queue for the rear car so we got straight on when there was supposed to be an hour queue!

All in all a good day - but even if it's dull take some sunglasses. Weather changes easily!

5. DanMc07

Mobster

Its best to go at the time of year when it just opens I have found. I went this year when it opend and got on around 20 rides (Oblivion like 6 times :D). And I didn't que for no longer than 5minutes a ride. However when I go mid season I tend to get on around 6 rides max. And I've been well over 10 times :O. I found getting there early and going to the ticket offic near where the gates are in the theme park is your best chance of getting them. That, or buying the fast track tickets online.

6. platypus

Caporegime

If it's school holidays, get a fast pass. Any other time you should be fine.

If I go to Alton Towers, I tend to go early march - never any queues.

7. triggerthat

Soldato

I'll be going on the 26th and will be getting the fast track. :) Not taking any chances!

8. Mad_Jay

Wise Guy

The trip has been booked through college, me and the lads where just wondering if we should get some fast track tickets, it looks like we might get some :)

Dont want to take any chances!

9. Reppyboyo

Mobster

Sad thing is, during the busy times the fast track queues are longer than the normal ones.

10. Glaucus

Man of Honour

you choose to go in the holidays, it's like hell. Should go mid week when all the schools are on term time.

11. Mad_Jay

Wise Guy

Its June 25th we are going, i thought all the schools break up mid julyish? Also the 25th is a wednesday.

12. Glaucus

Man of Honour

all uni students, gcs and A level students will of finished by then. So will be going before they get summer jobs.

13. SeriousPigeon

Hitman

Way to go on reawakening a 2 year old thread.

14. AHarvey

Sgarrista

member is an advertising account. 2 posts, all about buying theme park tickets!

15. Fireskull

Sgarrista

Quick! to the batmobile :D

16. LateX'Dog

Soldato

I'm going tomorrow, think it will be busy?

17. Retronana

Associate

It depends whether you want to always go on the rides with your mates, if you're not that bothered then the single rider queue for the big rides is only a half hour wait at max on the busiest days (in my experience). Otherwise come on opening time on calm day and leg it to the big rides:D

Or fast track, your choice

18. MeatLoaf

Underboss

I went today :D

There were zero queues at all and we had done all the big rides with no more than a 5-10 min wait.

And 13 was amazing!! :D

19. Podmonkey

Wise Guy

End of september , kids jst gone back to school, and its mid week. there will be no queues really. 10-15 min max at its busiest point.

20. oli356

Soldato

I've always found fast pass tickets in UK theme parks... well slow

In America when i went 8 years ago it was a 5 min wait max with a fast pass