Aluminum Profiles for Simpit: where to buy them?

Associate
Hello everyone,

last week I somehow managed to snag two great car seats from ebay at a great price:

gTL8thfl.jpg

The idea is to build a simpit for flight/space simulators around it, and I saw that a lot of people are using aluminum profiles. I have the design more or less already in mind, but I wanted to know if any of you could recommend me a good place where to buy the profiles from - in the UK of course (I live in London).

Title says it all really, if you have any suggestions feel free to let me know!

Associate
OP
Thanks everyone! I'll definitely compare those two. Yesterday I almost finished sorting the power on the seat, so the frame is next.

Associate
I've used both but I only got brackets ect from alu profile as they were down the road, I could collect and I only recently found out about them.

Ive had a few deliveries from motedis. On the is. Side, I don't think they can be beaten on price and selection of products.

On the negative, The delivery charge is a little steep if you only want the odd thing.
They dont package things very well and things can easily get damaged.
Quality control isnt the best, I bought a sim rig kit from them. Some sections were short and the replacements were wrong, it was sorted in the end but each time it was a week turnaround, which was frustrating. Plus side is I got to keep the profile that was wrong.

Bit to sum it up, if your not in a rush and willing to accept the odd scratch / error then I would have no problem In using them

Back
Top Bottom